How to Use the EU-SILC Panel to Analyse Monthly and Hourly Wages
The European Union Statistics on Income and Living Conditions (EU-SILC) is a rotational panel provided by Eurostat that covers important variables over all EU Member States. Unfortunately, Eurostat provides separate data sets which do not cover all waves. Furthermore, information on monthly income and hourly wages are missing. In this paper, we make two contributions: first, we develop a method for combining the different waves in order to increase the number of observations; second, we derive monthly and hourly pay.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hohenzollernstraße 1-3, 45128 Essen|
Web page: http://www.rwi-essen.de/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.rwi-essen.de/publikationen/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher T. Whelan & Bertrand Maitre, 2012.
"Identifying Childhood Deprivation: How Well Do National Indicators of Poverty and Social Exclusion in Ireland Perform?,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 43(2), pages 251–272.
- Christopher T. Whelan & Bertrand Maitre, 2011. "Identifying Childhood Deprivation: How Well do National Indicators of Poverty and Social Exclusion in Ireland Perform?," Working Papers 201121, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Marilena Giannetti & Daniela Federici & Michele Raitano, 2009. "Migrant remittances and inequality in Central-Eastern Europe," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 289-307.
- Iacovou, Maria & Kaminska, Olena & Levy, Horacio, 2012. "Using EU-SILC data for cross-national analysis: strengths, problems and recommendations," ISER Working Paper Series 2012-03, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- David Aristei & Cristiano Perugini, 2012.
"The Drivers of Income Mobility in Europe,"
262, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Nicholas T. Longford & Maria Grazia Pittau & Roberto Zelli & Riccardo Massari, 2012. "Poverty and inequality in European regions," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(7), pages 1557-1576, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rwi:repape:0390. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Weiler)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.