Modeling the Firm as an Artificial Neural Network
The purpose of this chapter is two-fold: (1) to make the case that a standard backward propagation artificial neural network (ANN) can be used as a general model of the information processing activities of the firm, and (2) to present a synthesis of Barr and Saraceno (BS) (2002, 2004, 2005), who offer various models of the firm as an artificial neural network.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 360 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Newark, NJ 07102|
Phone: (973) 353-5259
Web page: http://www.ncas.rutgers.edu/economics
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jason Barr & Francesco Saraceno, 2004.
"Organization, Learning and Cooperation,"
- Jason Barr & Francesco Saraceno, 2009. "Organization, learning and cooperation," Post-Print hal-01052800, HAL.
- Jason Barr & Francesco Saraceno, 2009. "Organization, learning and cooperation," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/9832, Sciences Po.
- Jason Barr & Francesco Saraceno, 2004. "Organization, Learning and Cooperation," Sciences Po publications 2004-001, Sciences Po.
- Jason Barr & Francesco Saraceno, 2004. "Organization, Learning and Cooperation," Computational Economics 0402001, EconWPA.
- Chung-Ming Kuan, 2006. "Artificial Neural Networks," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 06-A010, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Barr, Jason & Saraceno, Francesco, 2005. "Cournot competition, organization and learning," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 277-295, January.
- Chang, Myong-Hun & Harrington, Joseph Jr., 2006.
"Agent-Based Models of Organizations,"
Handbook of Computational Economics,
in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 26, pages 1273-1337
- Sgroi, D., 2003. "Using Neural Networks to Model Bounded Rationality in Interactive Decision-Making," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0339, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:run:wpaper:2005-011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vlad Manole)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.