The Effects of Large Capital Gains on Work and Consumption: Evidence from Four Waves of the HRS
The authors examine how the large increase in wealth in the mid- to late 1990s affected retirement and consumption behavior. Specifically, the authors investigate how gains from stock holdings were spent.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.rand.org/pubs/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael D. Hurd & Daniel McFadden & Harish Chand & Li Gan & Angela Menill & Michael Roberts, 1998. "Consumption and Savings Balances of the Elderly: Experimental Evidence on Survey Response Bias," NBER Chapters, in: Frontiers in the Economics of Aging, pages 353-392 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Joulfaian, David & Rosen, Harvey S, 1993.
"The Carnegie Conjecture: Some Empirical Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 108(2), pages 413-35, May.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey Rosen, 1992. "The Carnegie Conjecture: Some Empirical Evidence," Working Papers 682, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1992. "The Carnegie Conjecture: Some Empirical Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4118, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gustman, Alan L & Steinmeier, Thomas L, 1986.
"A Structural Retirement Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 555-84, May.
- Michael Hurd & Kathleen McGarry, 1993. "The Relationship Between Job Characteristics and Retirement," NBER Working Papers 4558, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ran:wpaper:03-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benson Wong)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.