Women's Health and Pregnancy Outcomes: Does Access to Services Make a Difference?
The question of how access to services affects health outcomes is critical for policy makers allocating resources across different programs, but it is difficult to answer with cross-sectional data sets. The authors use data from a panel survey in Indonesia (the Indonesia Family Life Survey) that spans a period of a major expansion in access to midwifery services to investigate whether the expansion resulted in improved health and pregnancy outcomes for women of reproductive age.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1776 Main Street, P.O. Box 2138, Santa Monica, California 90407-2138|
Phone: (310) 393-0411, x7359
Web page: http://www.rand.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1988.
"Migration selectivity and the effects of public programs,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 265-289, December.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1984. "Migration Selectivity and the Effects of Public Programs," Bulletins 8442, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Dow, W & Gertly, P & Schoeni, R-F & Strauss, J & Thomas, D, 1997. "Health Care Prices, Health and Labor Outcomes : Experimental Evidence," Papers 97-01, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Strauss, J. & Thomas, D., 1995.
"Health, Nutrition and Economic development,"
95-23, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Pitt, Mark M & Rosenzweig, Mark R & Gibbons, Donna M, 1993. "The Determinants and Consequences of the Placement of Government Programs in Indonesia," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(3), pages 319-48, September.
- Gertler, P.J. & Molyneaux, J.W., 1993.
"How Economic Development and Family Planning Programs Combined to Reduce Indonesian Fertility,"
93-08, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Paul Gertler & John Molyneaux, 1994. "How economic development and family planning programs combined to reduce indonesian fertility," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 31(1), pages 33-63, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ran:wpaper:00-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benson Wong)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.