Suicide and Religion: New Evidence on the Differences Between Protestantism and Catholicism
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Benno Torgler & Christoph A. Schaltegger, 2012. "Suicide and Religion: New Evidence on The Differences Between Protestantism and Catholicism," CREMA Working Paper Series 2012-12, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Schaltegger, Christoph A. & Torgler, Benno, 2010. "Work ethic, Protestantism, and human capital," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 99-101, May.
- David M. Cutler & Edward L. Glaeser & Karen E. Norberg, 2001.
"Explaining the Rise in Youth Suicide,"
NBER Chapters,in: Risky Behavior among Youths: An Economic Analysis, pages 219-270
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Edward Glaeser & Karen Norberg, 2000. "Explaining the Rise in Youth Suicide," NBER Working Papers 7713, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Edward L. Glaeser & Karen E. Norberg, 2001. "Explaining the Rise in Youth Suicide," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1917, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S & Soss, Neal M, 1974. "An Economic Theory of Suicide," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 83-98, Jan.-Feb..
- Steven Stack & Augustine J. Kposowa, 2008. "The Association of Suicide Rates with Individual-Level Suicide Attitudes: A Cross-National Analysis," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 89(1), pages 39-59.
- Noh, Yong-Hwan, 2009. "Does unemployment increase suicide rates? The OECD panel evidence," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 575-582, August.
- Joe Chen & Yun Jeong Choi & Kohta Mori & Yasuyuki Sawada & Saki Sugano, 2012. "Socio‐Economic Studies On Suicide: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 271-306, April.
- Sascha Becker & Ludger Wößmann, 2011.
"Knocking on Heaven's Door? Protestantism and Suicide,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3499, CESifo Group Munich.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2011. "Knocking on Heaven’s Door? Protestantism and Suicide," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 966, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2011. "Knocking on Heaven's Door? Protestantism and Suicide," IZA Discussion Papers 5773, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Becker, Sascha O. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2011. "Knocking on Heaven’s Door? Protestantism and Suicide," CEPR Discussion Papers 8448, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsSUICIDE; RELIGION; PROTESTANTISM; CATHOLICISM;
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qut:dpaper:288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Fletcher). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sequtau.html .