The Cost Decision: A New Discount Approach for Net Cost Projects
This discussion paper proposes a new decision rule for economic investment theory, the Cost Decision, and describes a new discount approach for Net Cost Projects and the Net Present Cost Formula. The paper illustrates the problems faced internationally, at all levels of government, of assessing Net Cost Projects from a finance perspective. The paper discusses the Cost Decision in the controversial context of public-private partnerships and compares the four main alternative approaches to the Cost Decision currently used in practice. The paper is also relevant when analysing Net Cost Projects undertaken by private sector entities and individuals.
|Date of creation:||15 Jun 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: GPO Box 2434, BRISBANE QLD 4001|
Web page: http://www.bus.qut.edu.au/faculty/economics/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Celec, Stephen E & Pettway, Richard H, 1979. "Some Observations on Risk-Adjusted Discount Rates: A Comment," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1061-1063, September.
- Lewellen, Wilbur G, 1977. "Some Observations on Risk-Adjusted Discount Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1331-1337, September.
- Mandelker, Gershon N. & Rhee, S. Ghon, 1984. "The Impact of the Degrees of Operating and Financial Leverage on Systematic Risk of Common Stock," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 45-57, March.
- Lev, Baruch, 1974. "On the Association between Operating Leverage and Risk," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 627-641, September.
- Lewellen, Wilbur G, 1979. "Reply to Pettway and Celec [Some Observations on Risk-Adjusted Discount Rates]," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1065-1066, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qut:dpaper:199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Fletcher)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.