The Impact of Uncertainty Shocks under Measurement Error. A Proxy SVAR Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Andrea Carriero & Haroon Mumtaz & Konstantinos Theodoridis & Angeliki Theophilopoulou, 2015. "The Impact of Uncertainty Shocks under Measurement Error: A Proxy SVAR Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(6), pages 1223-1238, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christou, Christina & Gupta, Rangan & Hassapis, Christis, 2017.
"Does economic policy uncertainty forecast real housing returns in a panel of OECD countries? A Bayesian approach,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 50-60.
- Christina Christou & Rangan Gupta & Christis Hassapis, 2016. "Does Economic Policy Uncertainty Forecast Real Housing Returns in a Panel of OECD Countries? A Bayesian Approach," Working Papers 201637, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Bekiros, Stelios & Gupta, Rangan & Majumdar, Anandamayee, 2016.
"Incorporating economic policy uncertainty in US equity premium models: A nonlinear predictability analysis,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 291-296.
- Stelios Bekiros & Rangan Gupta & Anandamayee Majumdar, 2015. "Incorporating Economic Policy Uncertainty in US Equity Premium Models: A Nonlinear Predictability Analysis," Working Papers 201545, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Riza Demirer & Rangan Gupta & Reneé van Eyden, 2016. "Effectiveness of Monetary Policy in the Euro Area: The Role of US Economic Policy Uncertainty," Working Papers 201620, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Munechika Katayama & Kwang Hwan Kim, 2017. "Uncertainty Shocks and the Relative Price of Investment Goods," Discussion papers e-16-015, Graduate School of Economics , Kyoto University.
- Thomai Filippeli & Konstantinos Theodoridis, 2015. "DSGE priors for BVAR models," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 627-656, March.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:39:y:2017:i:6:p:1052-1064 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giovanni Caggiano & Efrem Castelnuovo & Gabriela Nodari, 2014.
"Uncertainty and Monetary Policy in Good and Bad Times,"
"Marco Fanno" Working Papers
0188, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Caggiano, Giovanni & Castelnuovo, Efrem & Nodari, Gabriela, 2017. "Uncertainty and monetary policy in good and bad times," Research Discussion Papers 8/2017, Bank of Finland.
- Giovanni Caggiano & Efrem Castelnuovo & Gabriela Nodari, 2017. "Uncertainty and Monetary Policy in Good and Bad Times," CESifo Working Paper Series 6630, CESifo Group Munich.
- Giovanni Caggiano & Efrem Castelnuovo & Gabriela Nodari, 2017. "Uncertainty and Monetary Policy in Good and Bad Times," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2017-06, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Giovanni Caggiano & Efrem Castelnuovo & Gabriela Nodari, 2017. "Uncertainty and Monetary Policy in Good and Bad Times," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2017n09, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Piergiorgio Alessandri & Haroon Mumtaz, 2014. "Financial Regimes and Uncertainty Shocks," Working Papers 729, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Ricco, Giovanni & Callegari, Giovanni & Cimadomo, Jacopo, 2014. "Signals from the Government: Policy Uncertainty and the Transmission of Fiscal Shocks," MPRA Paper 56136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea Carriero & Todd E. Clark & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2016.
"Measuring Uncertainty and Its Impact on the Economy,"
BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers
1639, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Clark, Todd E. & Carriero, Andrea & Massimiliano, Marcellino, 2016. "Measuring Uncertainty and Its Impact on the Economy," Working Paper 1622, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 09 May 2017.
- repec:eee:mulfin:v:40:y:2017:i:c:p:92-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chuliá, Helena & Gupta, Rangan & Uribe, Jorge M. & Wohar, Mark E., 2017.
"Impact of US uncertainties on emerging and mature markets: Evidence from a quantile-vector autoregressive approach,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 178-191.
- Helena Chuliá & Rangan Gupta & Jorge M. Uribe & Mark E. Wohar, 2016. "Impact of US Uncertainties on Emerging and Mature Markets: Evidence from a Quantile-Vector Autoregressive Approach," Working Papers 201656, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Lunsford, Kurt Graden, 2015. "Identifying Structural VARs with a Proxy Variable and a Test for a Weak Proxy," Working Paper 1528, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Sheung-Chi Chow & Juncal Cunado & Rangan Gupta & Wing-Keung Wong, 2016. "Causal Relationships between Economic Policy Uncertainty and Housing Market Returns in China and India: Evidence from Linear and Nonlinear Panel and Time Series Models," Working Papers 201674, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Niko Hauzenberger & Maximilian Bock & Michael Pfarrhofer & Anna Stelzer & Gregor Zens, 2018. "Implications of Macroeconomic Volatility in the Euro Area," Papers 1801.02925, arXiv.org.
- Rangan Gupta & Chi Keung Marco Lau & Mark E. Wohar, 2016. "The Impact of US Uncertainty on the Euro Area in Good and Bad Times: Evidence from a Quantile Structural Vector Autoregressive Model," Working Papers 201681, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Christou, Christina & Cunado, Juncal & Gupta, Rangan & Hassapis, Christis, 2017.
"Economic policy uncertainty and stock market returns in PacificRim countries: Evidence based on a Bayesian panel VAR model,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 92-102.
- Christina Christou & Juncal Cunado & Rangan Gupta & Christis Hassapis, 2016. "Economic Policy Uncertainty and Stock Market Returns in Pacific-Rim Countries: Evidence based on a Bayesian Panel VAR Model," Working Papers 201661, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Michele Piffer & Maximilian Podstawski, 2016.
"Identifying Uncertainty Shocks Using the Price of Gold,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1549, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Michele Piffer & Maximilian Podstawski, 2017. "Identifying Uncertainty Shocks Using the Price of Gold," CESifo Working Paper Series 6327, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christina Christou & Rangan Gupta, 2016. "Forecasting Equity Premium in a Panel of OECD Countries: The Role of Economic Policy Uncertainty," Working Papers 201622, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Minchul Shin & Molin Zhong, 2016. "A New Approach to Identifying the Real Effects of Uncertainty Shocks," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-040, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jentsch, Carsten & Lunsford, Kurt G., 2016.
"Proxy SVARs : asymptotic theory, bootstrap inference, and the effects of income tax changes in the United States,"
16-10, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Lunsford, Kurt Graden & Jentsch, Carsen, 2016. "Proxy SVARs: Asymptotic Theory, Bootstrap Inference, and the Effects of Income Tax Changes in the United States," Working Paper 1619, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Christian Pierdzioch & Rangan Gupta, 2017. "Uncertainty and Forecasts of U.S. Recessions," Working Papers 201732, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsUncertainty shocks; Proxy SVAR; Non-linear DSGE models;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2013-09-06 (Econometrics)
- NEP-UPT-2013-09-06 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qmw:qmwecw:wp707. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Owen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deqmwuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.