A Core-equilibrium Convergence in an Economy with Public Goods
This paper deals with a core-equilibrium equivalence in an economy with public goods where preferences of consumers display warm glow effects. We demonstrate that provided that each consumer becomes satiated to other consumers provision, it holds that, for a sufficiently large economy, the set of Edgeworth allocations is non-empty. Moreover, we show that an Edgeworth allocation could be decentralized as a warm glow equilibrium.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: London E1 4NS|
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7882 5096
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8983 3580
Web page: http://www.econ.qmul.ac.uk
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- MONIQUE FLORENZANO & ELENA L. del MERCATO, 2006.
"Edgeworth and Lindahl-Foley equilibria of a General Equilibrium Model with Private Provision of Pure Public Goods,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 8(5), pages 713-740, December.
- Monique Florenzano & Elena Laureana Del Mercato, 2004. "Edgeworth and Lindahl-Foley equilibria of a general equilibrium model with private provision of pure public goods," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b04082, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Monique Florenzano & Elena L. Del Mercato, 2006. "Edgeworth and Lindahl-Foley equilibria of a general equilibrium model with private provision of pure public goods," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00085726, HAL.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Antonio Rangel, 2005. "Behavioral Public Economics: Welfare and Policy Analysis with Non-Standard Decision-Makers," NBER Working Papers 11518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Antonio Rangel, 2005. "Behavioral Public Economics: Welfare and Policy Analysis with Non-Standard Decision-Makers," Discussion Papers 04-033, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Nizar Allouch, 2013. "A competitive equilibrium for a warm-glow economy," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 53(1), pages 269-282, May.
- Nizar Allouch, 2009. "A Competitive Equilibrium for a Warm Glow Economy," Working Papers 641, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Myles,Gareth D., 1995. "Public Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521497695, January.
- Milleron, Jean-Claude, 1972. "Theory of value with public goods: A survey article," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 419-477, December.
- Conley John P., 1994. "Convergence Theorems on the Core of a Public Goods Economy: Sufficient Conditions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 161-185, February.
- Andreoni, James, 1990. "Impure Altruism and Donations to Public Goods: A Theory of Warm-Glow Giving?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 464-477, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qmw:qmwecw:wp642. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Owen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.