Semiparametric Sieve-Type GLS Inference in Regressions with Long-Range Dependence
This paper considers the problem of statistical inference in linear regression models whose stochastic regressors and errors may exhibit long-range dependence. A time-domain sieve-type generalized least squares (GLS) procedure is proposed based on an autoregressive approximation to the generating mechanism of the errors. The asymptotic properties of the sieve-type GLS estimator are established. A Monte Carlo study examines the finite-sample properties of the method for testing regression hypotheses.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: London E1 4NS|
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7882 5096
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8983 3580
Web page: http://www.econ.qmul.ac.uk
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- D. S. Poskitt, 2005. "Autoregressive Approximation in Nonstandard Situations: The Non-Invertible and Fractionally Integrated Cases," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 16/05, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Nielsen, Morten Oe., "undated".
"Semiparametric Estimation in Time Series Regression with Long Range Dependence,"
Economics Working Papers
2002-17, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Morten Orregaard Nielsen, 2005. "Semiparametric Estimation in Time-Series Regression with Long-Range Dependence," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 279-304, 03.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-858, May.
- Nicholas M. Kiefer & Timothy J. Vogelsang & Helle Bunzel, 2000.
"Simple Robust Testing of Regression Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(3), pages 695-714, May.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Monahan, J Christopher, 1992.
"An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 953-966, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Christopher J. Monahan, 1990. "An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 942, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1973. "Generalized Least Squares with an Estimated Autocovariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 723-732, July.
- Yongmiao Hong & Halbert White, 2005. "Asymptotic Distribution Theory for Nonparametric Entropy Measures of Serial Dependence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(3), pages 837-901, 05.
- Javier Hidalgo & Peter M. Robinson, 2002. "Adapting to Unknown Disturbance Autocorrelation in Regression with Long Memory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1545-1581, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qmw:qmwecw:wp587. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nick Vriend)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.