Semiparametric Sieve-Type GLS Inference in Regressions with Long-Range Dependence
This paper considers the problem of statistical inference in linear regression models whose stochastic regressors and errors may exhibit long-range dependence. A time-domain sieve-type generalized least squares (GLS) procedure is proposed based on an autoregressive approximation to the generating mechanism of the errors. The asymptotic properties of the sieve-type GLS estimator are established. A Monte Carlo study examines the finite-sample properties of the method for testing regression hypotheses.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: London E1 4NS|
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7882 5096
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8983 3580
Web page: http://www.econ.qmul.ac.uk
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nielsen, Morten Oe., "undated".
"Semiparametric Estimation in Time Series Regression with Long Range Dependence,"
Economics Working Papers
2002-17, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Morten Orregaard Nielsen, 2005. "Semiparametric Estimation in Time-Series Regression with Long-Range Dependence," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 279-304, 03.
- Nicholas M. Kiefer & Timothy J. Vogelsang & Helle Bunzel, 2000.
"Simple Robust Testing of Regression Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(3), pages 695-714, May.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1973. "Generalized Least Squares with an Estimated Autocovariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 723-732, July.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Monahan, J Christopher, 1992.
"An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 953-966, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Christopher J. Monahan, 1990. "An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 942, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-858, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Yongmiao Hong & Halbert White, 2005. "Asymptotic Distribution Theory for Nonparametric Entropy Measures of Serial Dependence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(3), pages 837-901, 05.
- D. S. Poskitt, 2005. "Autoregressive Approximation in Nonstandard Situations: The Non-Invertible and Fractionally Integrated Cases," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 16/05, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Javier Hidalgo & Peter M. Robinson, 2002. "Adapting to Unknown Disturbance Autocorrelation in Regression with Long Memory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1545-1581, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qmw:qmwecw:wp587. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nick Vriend)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.