Econometric Methods of Signal Extraction
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 1998. "The business cycle: it's still a puzzle," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q IV, pages 56-83.
- Pollock, D. S. G., 2003. "Improved frequency selective filters," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 279-297, March.
- Findley, David F, et al, 1998. "New Capabilities and Methods of the X-12-ARIMA Seasonal-Adjustment Program," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(2), pages 127-152, April.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Prescott, Edward C, 1997.
"Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Edward Prescott, 1981. "Post-War U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 451, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Pollock, D S G, 2001. "Filters for Short Non-stationary Sequences," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 341-355, August.
- Andrew C. Harvey & Thomas M. Trimbur, 2003.
"General Model-Based Filters for Extracting Cycles and Trends in Economic Time Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 244-255, May.
- Harvey, A.C. & Trimbur, T.M., 2001. "General Model-based Filters for Extracting Cycles and Trends in Economic Time Series," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0113, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Arthur F. Burns & Wesley C. Mitchell, 1946. "Measuring Business Cycles," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number burn46-1, December.
- Pollock, D. S. G., 2003. "Recursive estimation in econometrics," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 37-75, October.
- Stephen Pollock, 2000. "Circulant Matrices and Time-series Analysis," Working Papers 422, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Gomez, Victor, 2001. "The Use of Butterworth Filters for Trend and Cycle Estimation in Economic Time Series," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(3), pages 365-373, July.
- Peter Young & Cho Ng & Peter Armitage, 1989. "A systems approach to recursive economic forecasting and seasonal adjustment," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 8, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Pollock, D. S. G., 2000. "Trend estimation and de-trending via rational square-wave filters," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 317-334, December.
- Pollock, D. S. G., 2001. "Methodology for trend estimation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 75-96, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maravall, A. & del Rio, A., 2007.
"Temporal aggregation, systematic sampling, and the Hodrick-Prescott filter,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 975-998, October.
- Agustín Maravall & Ana del Río, 2007. "Temporal aggregation, systematic sampling, and the Hodrick-Prescott filter," Working Papers 0728, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Tatiana Cesaroni, 2011.
"The cyclical behavior of the Italian business survey data,"
Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 747-768, December.
- Tatiana Cesaroni, 2007. "Inspecting the cyclical properties of the Italian Manufacturing Business survey data," ISAE Working Papers 83, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Guy Mélard, 2016. "On some remarks about SEATS signal extraction," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 53-98, March.
- Cassola, Nuno & Morana, Claudio, 2010.
"Comovements in volatility in the euro money market,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 525-539, April.
- Cassola, Nuno & Morana, Claudio, 2006. "Comovements in volatility in the euro money market," Working Paper Series 703, European Central Bank.
- Nuno Cassola & Claudio Morana, 2007. "Comovements in Volatility in the Euro Money Market," ICER Working Papers 7-2007, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Bujosa, Marcos & Garcia-Ferrer, Antonio & Young, Peter C., 2007. "Linear dynamic harmonic regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 999-1024, October.
- Morana, Claudio, 2007.
"Multivariate modelling of long memory processes with common components,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 919-934, October.
- Claudio Morana, 2006. "Multivariate modelling of long memory processes with common components," ICER Working Papers 40-2006, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Thornton, Michael A., 2013. "Removing seasonality under a changing regime: Filtering new car sales," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 4-14.
- Luis Francisco Rosales & Tatyana Krivobokova, 2012. "Instant Trend-Seasonal Decomposition of Time Series with Splines," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 131, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Proietti, Tommaso, 2007. "Signal extraction and filtering by linear semiparametric methods," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 935-958, October.
More about this item
KeywordsSignal extraction; Linear filtering; Frequency-domain analysis; Trend estimation;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qmw:qmwecw:wp530. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Owen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deqmwuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.