Public versus Private Insurance with Non-Expected Utility: A Political Economy Argument
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hindriks, Jean & De Donder, Philippe, 2003.
"The politics of redistributive social insurance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 2639-2660.
- DE DONDER, Philippe & HINDRIKS, Jean, "undated". "The politics of redistributive social insurance," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1674, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jean Hindriks & Philippe De Donder, 2001. "The Politics of Redistributive Social Insurance," Working Papers 444, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- HINDRIKS, Jean & DE DONDER, Philippe, 2001. "The politics of redistributive social insurance," CORE Discussion Papers 2001054, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Coronado Julia Lynn & Fullerton Don & Glass Thomas, 2011. "The Progressivity of Social Security," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-45, November.
- Karni, Edi & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1986. "Welfare and comparative statics implications of fair social security : A steady-state analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 341-357, August.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Helmuth Cremer & Pierre Pestieau, 1996.
"Redistributive taxation and social insurance,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, pages 281-295.
- CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 1995. "Redistributive Taxation and Social Insurance," CORE Discussion Papers 1995054, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, H. & Pestieau, P., 1996. "Redistributive taxation and social insurance," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1235, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Doherty, Neil A & Eeckhoudt, Louis, 1995. "Optimal Insurance without Expected Utility: The Dual Theory and the Linearity of Insurance Contracts," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 157-179, March.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1996. "Public Provision of Private Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 57-84, February.
- Miguel Gouveia, 1997.
"Majority rule and the public provision of a private good,"
Springer, vol. 93(3), pages 221-244, December.
- Gouveia, Miguel, 1997. "Majority Rule and the Public Provision of a Private Good," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 93(3-4), pages 221-244, December.
- Eckstein, Zvi & Eichenbaum, Martin & Peled, Dan, 1985. "Uncertain lifetimes and the welfare enhancing properties of annuity markets and social security," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 303-326, April.
- David Miles & Allan Timmermann, 1999. "Risk sharing and transition costs in the reform of pension systems in Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(29), pages 251-286, October.
- Mailath, George J, 1987. "Incentive Compatibility in Signaling Games with a Continuum of Types," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1349-1365, November.
More about this item
KeywordsVoting; Insurance; Adverse selection;
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2001-10-09 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-IAS-2001-10-09 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2001-10-09 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2001-10-09 (Public Economics)
- NEP-POL-2001-10-09 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2001-10-09 (Public Finance)
- NEP-REG-2001-10-09 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qmw:qmwecw:wp439. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Owen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deqmwuk.html .