An Analysis of Household Responses to Price Shocks in Vietnam: Can Unit Values Substitute for Market Prices?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yoko Niimi & Puja Vasudeva Dutta & L. Alan Winters, 2015.
"Trade Liberalisation and Poverty Dynamics in Vietnam,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 16, pages 333-365
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Niimi, Yoko & Vasudeva Dutta, Puja, 2007. "Trade Liberalisation and Poverty Dynamics in Vietnam," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 22, pages 819-851.
- Yoko Niimi & Puja Vasudeva Dutta & Alan Winters, 2003. "Trade Liberalisation and Poverty Dynamics in Vietnam," PRUS Working Papers 17, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt, 2002.
"Agriculture and Income Distribution in Rural Vietnam under Economic Reforms: A Tale of Two Regions,"
benjamin-02-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Loren Brandt & Dwayne Benjamin, 2002. "Agriculture and Income Distribution in Rural Vietnam under Economic Reforms: A Tale of Two Regions," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 519, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Pitt, Mark M, 1983. "Food Preferences and Nutrition in Rural Bangladesh," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 105-114, February.
- L. ALAN WINTERS & NEIL McCULLOCH & ANDREW McKAY, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 14, pages 271-314
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- Deaton, Angus, 1990.
"Price elasticities from survey data : Extensions and Indonesian results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 281-309, June.
- Deaton, A., 1988. "Price Elasticities From Survey Data: Extensions And Indonesian Results," Papers 138, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Deaton, A., 1990. "Price Elasticities From Surveys Data: Extensions And Indonesian Results," Papers 69, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Stavrev, Emil & Kambourov, Gueorgui, 1999. "Estimation of Income, Own- and Cross-Price Elasticities. An Application for Bulgaria," Transition Economics Series 6, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- L. Wade, 1988. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 99-100, July.
- C. Peter Timmer & Harold Alderman, 1979. "Estimating Consumption Parameters for Food Policy Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(5), pages 982-987.
- Nelson, Julie A, 1990. "Quantity Aggregation in Consumer Demand Analysis When Physical Quantities Are Observed," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 153-156, February.
- Nicita, Alessandro, 2004. "Efficiency and equity of a marginal tax reform - income, quality, and price elasticities for Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3266, The World Bank.
- Harold Alderman, 1988. "Estimates of Consumer Price Response in Pakistan using Market Prices as Data," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 89-107.
- Minot, Nicholas & Goletti, Francesco, 2000. "Rice market liberalization and poverty in Viet Nam:," Research reports 114, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nicita, Alessandro, 2004. "Who benefited from trade liberalization in Mexico? Measuring the effects on household welfare," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3265, The World Bank.
- Leif Brubakk, 1997. "Estimation of Price Elasticities from Norwegian Household Survey Data," Discussion Papers 202, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- L. Alan Winters, 2002. "Trade Liberalisation and Poverty: What are the Links?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(9), pages 1339-1367, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kane Gilles Quentin & Tene Gwladys Laure Mabah & Ambagna Jean Joël & Piot-Lepetit Isabelle & Sikod Fondo, 2015. "The Impact of Food Price Volatility on Consumer Welfare in Cameroon," WIDER Working Paper Series 013, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- G. Guindon, 2014. "The impact of tobacco prices on smoking onset in Vietnam: duration analyses of retrospective data," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(1), pages 19-39, January.
- Sébastien Dessus & Santiago Herrera & Rafael de Hoyos, 2008.
"The impact of food inflation on urban poverty and its monetary cost: some back-of-the-envelope calculations,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 417-429, November.
- Dessus, Sebastien & Herrera, Santiago & de Hoyos, Rafael, 2008. "The impact of food inflation on urban poverty and its monetary cost : some back-of-the-envelope calculations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4666, The World Bank.
- G. Emmanuel Guindon & Arindam Nandi & Frank J. Chaloupka, IV & Prabhat Jha, 2011. "Socioeconomic Differences in the Impact of Smoking Tobacco and Alcohol Prices on Smoking in India," NBER Working Papers 17580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Ackah, & Simon Appleton, "undated". "Food Price Changes and Consumer Welfare in Ghana in the 1990s," Discussion Papers 07/03, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Mikkel Barslund, 2011. "Censored Demand System Estimation with Endogenous Expenditures in clustered samples: an application to food demand in urban Mozambique," LICOS Discussion Papers 28011, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Chen, Yuyu & Xing, Weibo, 2011. "Quantity, quality, and regional price variation of cigarettes: Demand analysis based on a household survey in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 221-232, June.
- Heather Klemick, 2008. "Forest Fallow Ecosystem Services: Evidence from the Eastern Amazon," NCEE Working Paper Series 200805, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised May 2008.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumer demand; price elasticities; unit values; quality; welfare analysis; Vietnam;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pru:wpaper:30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Russell Eke) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecsusuk.html .