Turkey’s Capital Market & Banks: Recipe for Survival in Recessionary Times
The global crisis of 2008-09 resulted in major reverberations in virtually every financial market around the world. The Turkish financial sector has been among the very few global financial markets which passed global financial crisis turmoil without major damage and succeeded to recover quickly after the crisis. This paper aims to explore the underlying reasons for this success of the Turkish financial sector, which is predominantly composed of the banking sector. The improved macroeconomic conditions in the country, the increased fiscal discipline of the government, the soundness and the strong growth potential of the banking sector were among the most important causes of this development.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ahmet Faruk Aysan & Ali Gunes & Osman Furkan Abbasoglu, 2007.
"Concentration, Competition, Efficiency and Profitability of the Turkish Banking Sector in the Post-Crises Period,"
2007/20, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Abbasoğlu, Osman Furkan & Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Gunes, Ali, 2007. "Concentration, Competition, Efficiency and Profitability of the Turkish Banking Sector in the Post-Crises Period," MPRA Paper 5494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Akin, Guzin Gulsun & Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Yildiran, Levent, 2008. "Transformation of the Turkish Financial Sector in the Aftermath of the 2001 Crisis," MPRA Paper 17803, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Ceyhan, Sanli Pinar, 2006.
"Why Do Foreign Banks Invest In Turkey?,"
5491, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aysan, Ahmet Faruk & Ceyhan, Sanli Pinar, 2006. "Globalization of Turkey’s Banking Sector: the Determinants of Foreign Bank Penetration in Turkey," MPRA Paper 5489, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmet Faruk Aysan & Mustafa Mete Karakaya & Metin Uyanik, 2011. "Panel stochastic frontier analysis of profitability and efficiency of turkish banking sector in the post crisis era," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 629-654, March.
- G. Gulsun Akin & Ahmet Faruk Aysan & Gazi Ishak Kara & Levent Yildiran, 2011. "Nonprice Competition In The Turkish Credit Card Market," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(4), pages 593-604, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:50503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.