Effective Demand: Securing the Foundations
This paper is a contribution to a symposium mutually reviewing papers on Keynes's principle of effective demand as set out in The General Theory, by Allain (2009. Effective demand and short-term adjustments in the General Theory, Review of Political Economy, vol. 21, 1–22), Hartwig (2007. Keynes vs. the Post Keynesians on the principle of effective demand, European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, vol. 14, 725–39), and Hayes (2007. The point of effective demand, Review of Political Economy, 19 (1), 55–80). The purpose of the symposium was to address some key differences of interpretation that continue to undermine the reception of Keynes's central idea.
|Date of creation:||May 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.postkeynesian.net|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jochen Hartwig, 2007. "Keynes vs. the Post Keynesians on the Principle of Effective Demand," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 725-739.
- Casarosa, Carlo, 1981. "The Microfoundations of Keynes's Aggregate Supply and Expected Demand Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(361), pages 188-94, March.
- Mark Hayes, 2011.
"Effective Demand: Securing the Foundations,"
PKWP1212, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Mark Hayes, 2007. "The Point of Effective Demand," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 55-80.
- Olivier Allain, 2006.
"Effective demand and short-term adjustments in the General Theory,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
bla06018, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Olivier Allain, 2009. "Effective Demand and Short-term Adjustments in the General Theory," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-22.
- Kregel, J A, 1976. "Economic Methodology in the Face of Uncertainty: The Modelling Methods of Keynes and the Post-Keynesians," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(342), pages 209-25, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pke:wpaper:pkwp1212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jo Michell)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.