Economic Impact of Typhoon Ondoy in Pasig and Marikina Cities Using a Multiweek CGE Model Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aaron B. Gertz & James B. Davies & Samantha L. Black, 2019.
"A CGE Framework for Modeling the Economics of Flooding and Recovery in a Major Urban Area,"
Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 39(6), pages 1314-1341, June.
- Aaron B. Gertz & James Davies, 2015. "A CGE Framework for Modelling the Economics of Flooding and Recovery in a Major Urban Area," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20152, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Rutherford, Thomas F, 1999. "Applied General Equilibrium Modeling with MPSGE as a GAMS Subsystem: An Overview of the Modeling Framework and Syntax," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 14(1-2), pages 1-46, October.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2003. "Economic Crises and Natural Disasters: Coping Strategies and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1087-1102, July.
- World Bank, . "Natural Disaster Risk Management in the Philippines : Enhancing Poverty Alleviation Through Disaster Reduction," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 8748, September.
- Charlotte Benson & Edward J. Clay, 2004. "Understanding the Economic and Financial Impacts of Natural Disasters," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15025, July.
- Alistair Hunt & Paul Watkiss, 2011. "Climate change impacts and adaptation in cities: a review of the literature," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 104(1), pages 13-49, January.
- Mark Pelling & Alpaslan Ã–zerdem & Sultan Barakat, 2002. "The macro-economic impact of disasters," Progress in Development Studies, , vol. 2(4), pages 283-305, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009.
"The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey,"
Research Department Publications
4649, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Cavallo, Eduardo A. & Noy, Ilan, 2011. "The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1664, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters - A Survey," Working Papers 200919, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Adel Daoud & Björn Halleröd & Debarati Guha-Sapir, 2016. "What Is the Association between Absolute Child Poverty, Poor Governance, and Natural Disasters? A Global Comparison of Some of the Realities of Climate Change," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(4), pages 1-20, April.
- Daoud, Adel & Halleröd, Björn & Guha Sapir, Debarati, 2015. "Quality of government and the relationship between natural disasters and child poverty: A comparative analysis," MPIfG Discussion Paper 15/5, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Hermeling, Claudia & Klement, Jan Henrik & Koesler, Simon & Köhler, Jonathan & Klement, Dorothee, 2015. "Sailing into a dilemma," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 34-53.
- Cheung, Chau-kiu & Ng, Sik Hung, 2012. "Impacts of financial crisis on social engagement in Hong Kong," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 623-632.
- Hafner, Marco & Yerushalmi, Erez & Andersson, Fredrik L. & Burtea, Teodor, 2020. "Quantifying the macroeconomic cost of night-time bathroom visits: an application to the UK," CAFE Working Papers 5, Centre for Applied Finance and Economics (CAFE), Birmingham City Business School, Birmingham City University.
- Bretschger, Lucas & Lechthaler, Filippo & Rausch, Sebastian & Zhang, Lin, 2017.
"Knowledge diffusion, endogenous growth, and the costs of global climate policy,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 47-72.
- Lucas Bretschger & Filippo Lechthaler & Sebastian Rausch & Lin Zhang, 2015. "Knowledge Diffusion, Endogenous Growth, and the Costs of Global Climate Policy," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 15/226, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Houssa, Romain & Verpoorten, Marijke, 2015.
"The Unintended Consequence of an Export Ban: Evidence from Benin’s Shrimp Sector,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 138-150.
- Houssa, Romain & Verpoorten, Marijke, 2013. "The unintended consequence of an export ban: Evidence from Benin's shrimp sector," IOB Working Papers 2013.11, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- -, 2014. "Handbook for disaster assessment," Libros y Documentos Institucionales, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 36823 edited by Eclac.
- Dai, Hancheng & Mischke, Peggy & Xie, Xuxuan & Xie, Yang & Masui, Toshihiko, 2016. "Closing the gap? Top-down versus bottom-up projections of China’s regional energy use and CO2 emissions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1355-1373.
- Noy, Ilan & Vu, Tam Bang, 2010.
"The economics of natural disasters in a developing country: The case of Vietnam,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 345-354, August.
- Ilan Noy & Tam Bang Vu, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters in a Developing Country: The Case of Vietnam," Working Papers 200903, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Jin, Ling & Chen, Kevin Z. & Yu, Bingxin & Filipski, Mateusz, 2015. "Farmers' Coping Strategies against an Aggregate Shock: Evidence from the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211814, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Javier Ferri & Antonio G. Gómez-Plana & Joan Martín-Montaner, "undated".
"International inmigration and mobility across sectors: an exploration of alternative scenarios for Spain,"
Studies on the Spanish Economy
- Javier Ferri & Antonio Gómez Gómez-Plana & Joan Martín Montaner, 2001. "International immigration and mobility across sectors: an exploration of alternative scenarios for Spain," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 0116, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Robert J. Nicholls & Abiy S. Kebede, 2012. "Indirect impacts of coastal climate change and sea-level rise: the UK example," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(sup01), pages 28-52, September.
- Sebastian Rausch and Valerie J. Karplus, 2014. "Markets versus Regulation: The Efficiency and Distributional Impacts of U.S. Climate Policy Proposals," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I).
- Wang, Yonggui & Hong, Aoran & Li, Xia & Gao, Jia, 2020. "Marketing innovations during a global crisis: A study of China firms’ response to COVID-19," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 214-220.
- Aditya Kusuma & Bethanna Jackson & Ilan Noy, 2018.
"A viable and cost-effective weather index insurance for rice in Indonesia,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 43(2), pages 186-218, September.
- Aditya Kusuma & Bethanna Jackson & Ilan Noy, 2018. "A viable and cost-effective weather index insurance for rice in Indonesia," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory, Springer;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 43(2), pages 186-218, September.
- Aditya Kusuma & Ilan Noy & Bethanna Jackson, 2017. "A Viable and Cost-Effective Weather Index Insurance for Rice in Indonesia," CESifo Working Paper Series 6530, CESifo.
- Kusuma, Aditya & Noy, Ilan & Jackson, Bethanna, 2017. "A viable and cost-effective weather index insurance for rice in Indonesia," Working Paper Series 6393, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Haqiqi , Iman & Bahalou Horeh , Marziyeh, 2013.
"Macroeconomic Impacts of Export Barriers in a Dynamic CGE Model,"
Journal of Money and Economy, Monetary and Banking Research Institute, Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran, vol. 8(3), pages 117-150, July.
- Haqiqi, Iman & Bahalou, Marziyeh, 2013. "Macroeconomic Impacts of Export Barriers in a Dynamic CGE Model," MPRA Paper 96404, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Labandeira, Xavier & Labeaga, José M. & Rodríguez, Miguel, 2009. "An integrated economic and distributional analysis of energy policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5776-5786, December.
- Dai, Jiangyu & Wu, Shiqiang & Han, Guoyi & Weinberg, Josh & Xie, Xinghua & Wu, Xiufeng & Song, Xingqiang & Jia, Benyou & Xue, Wanyun & Yang, Qianqian, 2018. "Water-energy nexus: A review of methods and tools for macro-assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 393-408.
More about this item
KeywordsPhilippines; CGE; Typhoon Ondoy; Pasig City; Marikina City; computable general equilibrium model; equivalent variation; extreme flooding; climate-related disaster;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:pjdevt:pjd_2016_vol__43_no__2a. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/pidgvph.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Aniceto Orbeta (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/pidgvph.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.