The reconstruction of a macroeconomic dataset for Uganda
This paper is an account of the re-construction of a macroeconomic dataset for Uganda. The sources of data, the splicing together of consumer price indices and interpolation of missing quarterly observations, the interpolation of quarterly GDP and the estimation of quarterly monetary GDY and GDE, are described. The resulting dataset (which is presented in an appendix) is then used to highlight the collapse in GDP, change in the structure of production and de-monetisation which resulted from insecurity, and more recent macroeconomic stability and re-monetisation. The final section of the paper discusses some of the time-series characteristics of the data.
|Date of creation:||01 May 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ|
Web page: http://www.economics.ox.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bevan, David & Collier, Paul & Gunning, Jan Willem, 1990. "Peasants and Governments: An Economic Analysis," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198286219, December.
- N/A, 1989. "Annual Report," Evaluation Review, SAGE Publishing, vol. 13(3), pages 320-320, June.
- Deaton, Angus & Miller, Ron, 1996.
"International Commodity Prices, Macroeconomic Performance and Politics in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 5(3), pages 99-191, October.
- Deaton, A-S & Miller, R-I, 1995. "International Commodity Prices, Macroeconomic Performance, and Politics in Sub-Saharan Africa," Princeton Studies in International Economics 79, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Milton Friedman, 1962. "The Interpolation of Time Series by Related Series," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie62-1, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:wps/1998-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Birds)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.