The empirical process of autoregressive residuals
The empirical process of the residuals from general autoregressions is investigated. If an intercept is included in the regression, the empirical process is asymptotically Caussian and free of nuissance parameters. This contrasts the known result that in the unit root case without intercept the empirical process is asymptotically non-Gaussian. The result is used to establish asymptotic theory for the Kolmogorov-Smirnov test. Probability-Probability plots, and Quantile-Quantile plots. The link between sample moments and the empirical process of the residuals is established and used to establish the properties of the cumulant based tests for normality referred to as the Jarque-Bera test.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ|
Web page: http://www.economics.ox.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johansen, S., 1999.
"A Bartlett Correction Factor for Tests on the Cointegrating Relations,"
Economics Working Papers
eco99/10, European University Institute.
- Johansen, S ren, 2000. "A Bartlett Correction Factor For Tests On The Cointegrating Relations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(05), pages 740-778, October.
- Bent Nielsen, 2006.
"Correlograms for non-stationary autoregressions,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(4), pages 707-720.
- Bent Nielsen, 2003. "Correlograms for non-stationary autoregressions," Economics Series Working Papers 2003-W11, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bent Nielsen, 2003. "Correlograms for non-stationary autoregressions," Economics Papers 2003-W11, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Kilian, Lutz & Demiroglu, Ufuk, 2000. "Residual-Based Tests for Normality in Autoregressions: Asymptotic Theory and Simulation Evidence," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(1), pages 40-50, January.
- Nielsen, B., 1995.
"Bartlett Correction of the Unit Root test in Autoregressive Models,"
98, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Bent Nielsen, 1995. "Bartlett correction of the unit root test in autoregressive models," Economics Papers 11 & 98., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Bent Nielsen, 2001.
"Order determination in general vector autoregressions,"
Economics Series Working Papers
2001-W10, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bent Nielsen, 2001. "Order determination in general vector autoregressions," Economics Papers 2001-W10, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:2007-w01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Birds)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.