Step-by-Step Evolution with State-Dependent Mutations
This paper considers the extension of Ellison`s (2000) Radius-Modified Coradius Theorem from the uniform-mutations case to a general stochastic setting. A modified theorem is presented, with a crucial role now played by the most probable evolutionary paths between states. The form of such paths is liable to change outside of the uniform mutations case, with concomitant effects on both long-run selection and expected waiting times. An algorithm for finding these paths is offered, and used to demonstrate the continued optimality of step-by-step evolution.
|Date of creation:||01 Feb 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.economics.ox.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas Norman, 2003.
"The Evolution of Coordination under Inertia,"
2003-W06, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Ellison, Glenn, 1993.
"Learning, Local Interaction, and Coordination,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1047-71, September.
- J. Bergin & B. Lipman, 2010.
"Evolution with State-Dependent Mutations,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
486, David K. Levine.
- BERGIN, James & LIPMAN, Bart, 1994. "Evolution with State-Dependent Mutations," CORE Discussion Papers 1994055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- James Bergin & B. L. Lipman, 1994. "Evolution with state-dependent mutations," Working Papers 199411, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- J Bergin & B L Lipman, 1997. "Evolution with state-dependent Mutations," Levine's Working Paper Archive 771, David K. Levine.
- van Damme, E.E.C. & Weibull, J., 1998.
"Evolution with Mutations Driven by Control Costs,"
1998-94, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Weibull, Jörgen W. & van Damme, Eric, 1998. "Evolution with Mutations Driven by Control Costs," Working Paper Series 501, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Eric Van Damme & Jorgen W Weibull, 1999. "Evolution with Mutations Driven by Control Costs," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2113, David K. Levine.
- repec:att:wimass:9521 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. Kandori & G. Mailath & R. Rob, 1999.
"Learning, Mutation and Long Run Equilibria in Games,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
500, David K. Levine.
- Kandori, Michihiro & Mailath, George J & Rob, Rafael, 1993. "Learning, Mutation, and Long Run Equilibria in Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 29-56, January.
- Kandori, M. & Mailath, G.J., 1991. "Learning, Mutation, And Long Run Equilibria In Games," Papers 71, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - John M. Olin Program.
- Lee In Ho & Szeidl Adam & Valentinyi Akos, 2003.
"Contagion and State Dependent Mutations,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Lee, In Ho & Szeidl, Adam & Valentinyi, Akos, 2000. "Contagion and state dependent mutations," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0027, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Adam Szeidl & In Ho Lee & Akos Valentinyi, 2001. "Contagion and State Dependent Mutations," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0104, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- David P. Myatt & Chris Wallace, 2002.
"Adaptive Play by Idiosyncratic Agents,"
Economics Series Working Papers
89, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 1995.
"Discrete Choice with Social Interactions I: Theory,"
NBER Working Papers
5291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 1995. "Discrete Choice with Social Interactions I: Theory," Working Papers 95-10-084, Santa Fe Institute.
- Young, H Peyton, 1993. "The Evolution of Conventions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 57-84, January.
- Blume Lawrence E., 1993.
"The Statistical Mechanics of Strategic Interaction,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 387-424, July.
- L. Blume, 2010. "The Statistical Mechanics of Strategic Interaction," Levine's Working Paper Archive 488, David K. Levine.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:2003-w08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Birds)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.