R&D, Competition and Diffusion of Innovation in the EU: The Case of Hepatitis C
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berndt Ernst R. & McGuire Thomas & Newhouse Joseph P., 2011.
"A Primer on the Economics of Prescription Pharmaceutical Pricing in Health Insurance Markets,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-30, November.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Thomas G. McGuire & Joseph P. Newhouse, 2011. "A Primer on the Economics of Prescription Pharmaceutical Pricing in Health Insurance Markets," NBER Working Papers 16879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- DiMasi, Joseph A. & Grabowski, Henry G. & Hansen, Ronald W., 2016. "Innovation in the pharmaceutical industry: New estimates of R&D costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 20-33.
- Bhattacharya, Jayanta & Vogt, William B, 2003. "A Simple Model of Pharmaceutical Price Dynamics," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 599-626, October.
- Grabowski, Henry, 2002. "Patents, Innovation and Access to New Pharmaceuticals," Working Papers 02-28, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Reekie, W Duncan, 1978. "Price and Quality Competition in the United States Drug Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 223-237, March.
- Tomas Philipson & Stephane Mechoulan, 2003. "Intellectual Property & External Consumption Effects: Generalizations from Pharmaceutical Markets," NBER Working Papers 9598, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wesley M. Cohen & Richard R. Nelson & John P. Walsh, 2000.
"Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (or Not),"
NBER Working Papers
7552, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wesley M Cohen & Richard R Nelson & John P Walsh, 2003. "Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (Or Not)," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000624, David K. Levine.
- John A. Vernon, 2005. "Examining the link between price regulation and pharmaceutical R&D investment," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(1), pages 1-16.
- Z. John Lu & William S. Comanor, 1998. "Strategic Pricing Of New Pharmaceuticals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 108-118, February.
- Patricia Danzon & Adrian Towse & Jorge Mestre‐Ferrandiz, 2015.
"Value‐Based Differential Pricing: Efficient Prices for Drugs in a Global Context,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 294-301, March.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Adrian K. Towse & Jorge Mestre-Ferrandiz, 2012. "Value-Based Differential Pricing: Efficient Prices for Drugs in a Global Context," NBER Working Papers 18593, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henry Grabowski, 2002. "Patents, Innovation and Access to New Pharmaceuticals," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 849-860, December.
- Steven N. Wiggins & Robert Maness, 2004. "Price Competition in Pharmaceuticals: The Case of Anti-infectives," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 247-263, April.
- Amy Finkelstein, 2004. "Static and Dynamic Effects of Health Policy: Evidence from the Vaccine Industry," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 527-564.
- Danzon, Patricia M & Chao, Li-Wei, 2000. "Does Regulation Drive out Competition in Pharmaceutical Markets?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 311-357, October.
- Yin, Wesley, 2008. "Market incentives and pharmaceutical innovation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 1060-1077, July.
- Zeng, Jinli & Zhang, Jie & Fung, Michael Ka-Yiu, 2014. "Patent Length And Price Regulation In An R&D Growth Model With Monopolistic Competition," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 1-22, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Neri, M. & Towse, A. & Garau, M., 2018. "Multi-Indication Pricing (MIP): Practical Solutions and Steps to Move Forward," Briefings 002084, Office of Health Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomics of innovation; Economics of Industry;
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2018-10-15 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INO-2018-10-15 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2018-10-15 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ohe:respap:002040. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ohecouk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.