Multihoming and compatibility
This paper analyzes the consequences of multihoming on private and social incentives for compatibility. Multihoming occurs in our model when consumers buy from both of two competing firms so as to capture network benefits. We address whether the ability of consumers to multihome means policymakers do not need to worry about compatibility between ‘networks’.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/ecs/index.html|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ralph-C. Bayer & Mickey Chan, 2007.
"Network Externalities, Demand Inertia and Dynamic Pricing in an Experimental Oligopoly Market,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 83(263), pages 405-415, December.
- Ralph C Bayer & Mickey Chan, 2004. "Network Externalities, Demand Inertia and Dynamic Pricing in an Experimental Oligopoly Market," Experimental 0412004, EconWPA.
- Ralph-C Bayer & Mickey Chan, 2004. "Network Externalities, Demand Inertia and Dynamic Pricing in an Experimental Oligopoly Market," School of Economics Working Papers 2004-08, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Ralph-C Bayer & Mickey Chan, 2004. "Network Externalities, Demand Inertia, and Dynamic Pricing in an Experimental Oligopoly Market," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 108, Econometric Society.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002.
"Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Caillaud, Bernard & Jullien, Bruno, 2003. " Chicken & Egg: Competition among Intermediation Service Providers," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(2), pages 309-28, Summer.
- Shy,Oz, 2001.
"The Economics of Network Industries,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521800952, October.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-40, June.
- Griva, Krina & Vettas, Nikolaos, 2004. "Price Competition in a Differentiated Products Duopoly Under Network Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 4574, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mark Armstrong, 2005.
"Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
- de Palma, Andre & Leruth, Luc & Regibeau, Pierre, 1999. "Partial compatibility with network externalities and double purchase," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 209-227, July.
- Jeffrey Church & Ian King, 1993. "Bilingualism and Network Externalities," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 337-45, May.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Crémer, Jacques & Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 1999.
"Connectivity in the Commercial Internet,"
IDEI Working Papers
87, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2000.
- repec:reg:rpubli:253 is not listed on IDEAS
- Armstrong, Mark & Vickers, John, 2001. "Competitive Price Discrimination," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 579-605, Winter.
- Joseph Farrell and Garth Saloner., 1989.
"Converters, Compatibility, and the Control of Interfaces,"
Economics Working Papers
89-130, University of California at Berkeley.
- Farrell, Joseph & Saloner, Garth, 1992. "Converters, Compatibility, and the Control of Interfaces," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 9-35, March.
- Farrell, Joseph, 1989. "Converters, Compatibility, and the Control of Interfaces," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8161p50b, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nus:nusewp:wp0314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.