Changes In Social Welfare In Singapore - 1982-1999
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amartya Sen, 1976. "Real National Income," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(1), pages 19-39.
- Bishop, John A & Chakraborti, S & Thistle, Paul D, 1989. "Asymptotically Distribution-Free Statistical Inference for Generalized Lorenz Curves," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 725-727, November.
- Sheshinski, Eytan, 1972. "Relation between a social welfare function and the gini index of income inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 98-100, February.
- Liu, Pak-wai & Wong, Yue-chim, 1981. "Human Capital and Inequality in Singapore," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(2), pages 275-293, January.
- Shlomo Yitzhaki, 1979. "Relative Deprivation and the Gini Coefficient," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(2), pages 321-324.
- Charles M. Beach & Russell Davidson, 1983. "Distribution-Free Statistical Inference with Lorenz Curves and Income Shares," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 723-735.
- Peter Gottschalk & Mary Joyce, 1993. "Is Earnings Inequality Also Rising In Other Industrialized Countries?," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 223, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Sen, Amartya, 1974. "Informational bases of alternative welfare approaches : Aggregation and income distribution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 387-403, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anne Goujon & Samir K.C., 2009. "Past and Future of Human Capital in Southeast Asia: From 1970 to 2030," VID Working Papers 0607, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna.
More about this item
KeywordsLorenz Dominance; Generalised Lorenz Dominance; Social Welfare Function; Equity; Efficiency; Singapore Economy;
- D39 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Other
- D69 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SEA-2001-11-27 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nus:nusewp:wp0120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/denussg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.