Narrow banking, real estate, and financial stability in the UK, c.1870-2010
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Avner Offer, 2012. "The Economy of Obligation: Incomplete Contracts and the Cost of the Welfare State," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _103, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Duca, John V. & Muellbauer, John & Murphy, Anthony, 2010.
"Housing markets and the financial crisis of 2007-2009: Lessons for the future,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 203-217, December.
- Duca, John V. & Muellbauer, John & Murphy, Anthony, 2010. "Housing markets and the financial crisis of 2007-2009: lessons for the future," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 33613, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- John V. Duca & John Muellbauer & Anthony Murphy, 2010. "Housing Markets and the Financial Crisis of 2007-2009: Lessons for the Future," SERC Discussion Papers 0049, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Schneider, Eric B., 2013.
"Real wages and the family: Adjusting real wages to changing demography in pre-modern England,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 99-115.
- Eric Schneider, 2012. "Real Wages and the Family: Adjusting Real Wages to Changing Demography in Pre-Modern England," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _099, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Eric B. Schneider, 2012. "Real Wages and the Family: Adjusting Real Wages to Changing Demography in Pre-Modern England," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _099, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Capie,Forrest, 2010. "The Bank of England," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521192828, October.
- Burkhard Drees & Ceyla Pazarbasioglu, 1998. "The Nordic Banking Crisis; Pitfalls in Financial Liberalization: Pitfalls in Financial Liberalization," IMF Occasional Papers 161, International Monetary Fund.
- Aled Davies, 2012. "The Evolution of British Monetarism: 1968-1979," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _104, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Radha K. Shiwakoti & John K. Ashton & Kevin Keasey, 2004. "Conversion, Performance and Executive Compensation in UK Building Societies," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 361-370, July.
- Solomou, Solomos & Weale, Martin, 1997. "Personal Sector Wealth in the United Kingdom, 1920-56," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(3), pages 297-318, September.
- S. Knutsen & E. Lie, 2002. "Financial Fragility, Growth Strategies and Banking Failures: The Major Norwegian Banks and the Banking Crisis, 1987-92," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(2), pages 88-111.
- Offer, Avner, 2007. "The Challenge of Affluence: Self-Control and Well-Being in the United States and Britain since 1950," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199216628.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-06-30 (Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2013-06-30 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nuf:esohwp:_116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxine Collett). General contact details of provider: https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/economics/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.