Financing Japan’s World War II Occupation of Southeast Asia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Huff, Gregg & Majima, Shinobu, 2013. "Financing Japan's World War II Occupation of Southeast Asia," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 73(04), pages 937-977, December.
- Gregg Huff, 2012. "Financing Japan's World War II Occupation of Southeast Asia," Economics Series Working Papers Number 109, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Gregg Huff & Shinobu Majima, 2013. "Financing Japan’s World War II occupation of Southeast Asia," Working Paper 2013/02, Norges Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973, June.
- Michael Bruno, 1990. "High Inflation and the Nominal Anchors of an Open Economy," NBER Working Papers 3518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1982. "Seigniorage and the Case for a National Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(2), pages 295-313, April.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1982. "The Ends of Four Big Inflations," NBER Chapters,in: Inflation: Causes and Effects, pages 41-98 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- van der Eng, Pierre, 1992. "The real domestic product of Indonesia, 1880-1989," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 343-373, July.
- Occhino, Filippo & Oosterlinck, Kim & White, Eugene N., 2008.
"How Much Can a Victor Force the Vanquished to Pay? France under the Nazi Boot,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 68(01), pages 1-45, March.
- Filippo Occhino & Kim Oosterlinck & Eugene Nelson White, 2008. "How much can a victor force the vanquished to pay? France under the nazi boot," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/142695, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kim Oosterlinck & Filippo Occhino & Eugene N. White, 2006. "How occupied France financed its own exploitation during WW2," Working Papers CEB 06-012.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Eugene N. White & Filippo Occhino & Kim Oosterlinck, 2007.
"How Occupied France Financed Its Own Exploitation in World War II,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 295-299, May.
- Filippo Occhino & Kim Oosterlinck & Eugene N. White, 2006. "How Occupied France Financed Its Own Exploitation in World War II," NBER Working Papers 12137, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Filippo Occhino & Kim Oosterlinck & Eugene Nelson White, 2007. "How occupied france financed its own exploitation in world war II," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/142694, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- SAITO, Makoto, 2017. "On wartime money finance in the Japanese occupied territories during the Pacific War: The case of instant reserve banks as bad central banks," Discussion Papers 2017-03, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jean-Pascal Bassino & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2015.
"From Commodity Booms to Economic Miracles: Why Southeast Asian Industry Lagged Behind,"
UP School of Economics Discussion Papers
201507, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Bassino, Jean-Pascal & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2015. "From Commodity Booms to Economic Miracles: Why Southeast Asian Industry Lagged Behind," CEPR Discussion Papers 10611, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kim Oosterlinck & Jeremy Simon, 2015. "Financial Repression and Bond Market Efficiency: the Case of Italy during World War II," Working Papers CEB 15-001, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hattori, Takahiro & Oguro, Kazumasa, 2016. "An endeavor to estimate seigniorage before the end of and immediately after the Pacific War," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-16.
More about this item
Keywordswar; financial and macroeconomic crises; resource transfer; occupation costs; bilateral clearing arrangements; seigniorage; hyperinflation; Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere; Japan; Southeast Asia;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- N15 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Asia including Middle East
- N45 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Asia including Middle East
- P44 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - National Income, Product, and Expenditure; Money; Inflation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2012-11-17 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-SEA-2012-11-17 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nuf:esohwp:_109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxine Collett). General contact details of provider: https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/economics/ .