How Did the Housing and Labor Market Crises Affect Young Adults' Living Arrangements?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dettling, Lisa J. & Kearney, Melissa S., 2014.
"House prices and birth rates: The impact of the real estate market on the decision to have a baby,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 82-100.
- Lisa J. Dettling & Melissa Schettini Kearney, 2011. "House Prices and Birth Rates: The Impact of the Real Estate Market on the Decision to Have a Baby," NBER Working Papers 17485, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Kwan Ok & Painter, Gary, 2013.
"What happens to household formation in a recession?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 93-109.
- Gary D. Painter & Kwan Ok Lee, 2011. "What happens to household formation in a recession?," Working Paper 17, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Greg Kaplan, 2012.
"Moving Back Home: Insurance against Labor Market Risk,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 120(3), pages 446-512.
- Greg Kaplan, 2010. "Moving back home: insurance against labor market risk," Working Papers 677, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Greg Kaplan, 2010. "Moving back home: insurance against labor market risk," Staff Report 449, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Raven Molloy & Hui Shan, 2013.
"The Postforeclosure Experience of U.S. Households,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 41(2), pages 225-254, June.
- Raven S. Molloy & Hui Shan, 2011. "The post-foreclosure experience of U.S. households," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Haurin, Donald R & Hendershott, Patric H & Kim, Dongwook, 1993. "The Impact of Real Rents and Wages on Household Formation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 284-293, May.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel, 1986. "Household formation, housing prices, and public policy impacts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 145-164, July.
- Rogers, William H. & Winkler, Anne E., 2013. "The Relationship between the Housing & Labor Market Crises and Doubling-Up: An MSA-Level Analysis, 2005-2010," IZA Discussion Papers 7263, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joan Kahn & Frances Goldscheider & Javier García-Manglano, 2013. "Growing Parental Economic Power in Parent–Adult Child Households: Coresidence and Financial Dependency in the United States, 1960–2010," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(4), pages 1449-1475, August.
- Zhu Xiao Di & Xiaodong Liu, 2006. "The Effects of Housing Push Factors and Rent Expectations on Household Formation of Young Adults," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 28(2), pages 149-166.
- Maria Sironi & Frank F. Furstenberg, 2012. "Trends in the Economic Independence of Young Adults in the United States: 1973–2007," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 38(4), pages 609-630, December.
- Marianne Bitler & Hilary Hoynes, 2016.
"The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same? The Safety Net and Poverty in the Great Recession,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(S1), pages 403-444.
- Marianne Bitler & Hilary Hoynes, 2013. "The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same? The Safety Net and Poverty in the Great Recession," NBER Chapters,in: Labor Markets in the Aftermath of the Great Recession, pages 403-444 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne Bitler & Hilary Hoynes, 2013. "The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same? The Safety Net and Poverty in the Great Recession," NBER Working Papers 19449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M, 1983. "A Model of Housing Tenure Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 98-113, March.
- Frances Goldscheider & Julie DaVanzo, 1985. "Living arrangements and the transition to adulthood," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 22(4), pages 545-563, November.
- Winkler, Anne E., 1992. "The impact of housing costs on the living arrangements of single mothers," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 388-403, November.
- Ermisch, John, 1999. "Prices, Parents, and Young People's Household Formation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 47-71, January.
- Lee, Donghoon & Van der Klaauw, Wilbert & Haughwout, Andrew F. & Brown, Meta & Scally, Joelle, 2014. "Measuring student debt and its performance," Staff Reports 668, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
More about this item
KeywordsLiving Arrangements; Labor Market; Housing Market; Foreclosures.;
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-LMA-2014-11-17 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-URE-2014-11-17 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msl:workng:1005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Judy Cates). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edumsus.html .