Modelling good and bad volatility
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Pentti Saikkonen & Markku Lanne, 2004. "A Skewed GARCH-in-Mean Model: An Application to U.S. Stock Returns," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 469, Econometric Society.
- Harvey, Campbell R. & Siddique, Akhtar, 1999. "Autoregressive Conditional Skewness," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(04), pages 465-487, December.
- Stelios Arvanitis & Antonis Demos, 2004. "Time Dependence and Moments of a Family of Time-Varying Parameter Garch in Mean Models," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-730, August.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Luc Bauwens & Sébastien Laurent, 2002.
"A New Class of Multivariate skew Densities, with Application to GARCH Models,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2002
5, Society for Computational Economics.
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, Sébastien, 2002. "A new class of multivariate skew densities, with application to GARCH models," CORE Discussion Papers 2002020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Francesco Lisi, 2007. "Testing asymmetry in financial time series," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 687-696.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haas Markus, 2010. "Skew-Normal Mixture and Markov-Switching GARCH Processes," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(4), pages 1-56, September.
- Tseng, Jie-Jun & Li, Sai-Ping, 2011. "Asset returns and volatility clustering in financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(7), pages 1300-1314.
- Tseng, Jie-Jun & Li, Sai-Ping, 2012. "Quantifying volatility clustering in financial time series," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 11-19.
- Geon Ho Choe & Kyungsub Lee, 2013. "Conditional correlation in asset return and GARCH intensity model," Papers 1311.4977, arXiv.org.
- Geon Choe & Kyungsub Lee, 2014. "Conditional correlation in asset return and GARCH intensity model," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 98(3), pages 197-224, July.
More about this item
KeywordsVolatility; Skewness; GARCH; Asymmetric Dynamics; Stationarity;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2007-11-10 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2007-11-10 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-RMG-2007-11-10 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mis:wpaper:20071101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matteo Pelagatti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsmibit.html .