Joint Liability Lending in Microcredit Markets with Adverse Selection: a Survey
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alessandro Fedele, 2006. "Joint Liability Lending In Microcredit Markets With Adverse Selection: A Survey," The IUP Journal of Bank Management, IUP Publications, vol. 0(2), pages 55-63, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2000. "Screening by the Company You Keep: Joint Liability Lending and the Peer Selection Effect," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 601-631, July.
- Ghatak, Maitreesh, 1999. "Group lending, local information and peer selection," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 27-50, October.
- Ghatak, Maitreesh & Guinnane, Timothy W., 1999.
"The economics of lending with joint liability: theory and practice,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 195-228, October.
- Maitreesh Ghatak & Timothy W. Guinnane, 1998. "The Economics of Lending with Joint Liability: Theory and Practice," Working Papers 791, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Ghatak, M. & Guinnane, T.W., 1998. "The Economics of Lending with Joint Liability: Theory and Practice," Papers 791, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Maitreesh Ghatak & Timothy W. Guinnane, 1998. "The Economics of Lending with Joint Liability: Theory and Practice," Discussion Papers 98-16, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis & Lensink, Robert, 2001. "Joint liability lending: a note," Research Report 01E09, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:01e09 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- F. Calidoni-Lundberg & A. Fedele, 2006.
"Technology replaces culture in microcredit markets: the case of Italian MAGs,"
Economics Department Working Papers
2006-EP11, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Calidoni-Lundberg, Federica & Fedele, Alessandro, 2007. "Technology Replaces Culture in Microcredit Markets: the Case of Italian MAGs," AICCON Working Papers 46-2007, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Alessandro Fedele & Federica Calidoni Lundberg, 2006. "Technology Replaces Culture in Microcredit Markets: the Case of Italian MAGs," Working Papers 20060902, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica, revised Sep 2006.
- Abdelhamid, El Bouhadi & Omar, Essardi, 2007.
"Micro-microcrédit et asymétries d’information : cas du Maroc
[INFORMATION asymmetries and microcredit: The Moroccan case]," MPRA Paper 20080, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kundu, AMIT & MITRA, SURANJANA, 2009. "Determinants Influencing a Rural Household's Preference to Join Individual Liability or Joint Liability Micro Credit Contract Operated by Primary Aagricultural Credit Society," MPRA Paper 21784, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Oct 2009.
- Federica Calidoni & Alessandro Fedele, 2009. "Profit-maximizing behaviour replaces social sanctions in urban microcredit markets," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(2), pages 329-349, April.
More about this item
Keywordsmicrocredit; underdeveloped economies; joint liability lending.;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2006-09-30 (Development)
- NEP-FMK-2006-09-30 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MFD-2006-09-30 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mis:wpaper:20060901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matteo Pelagatti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsmibit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.