Modelling financial time series with SEMIFAR-GARCH model
A class of semiparametric fractional autoregressive GARCH models (SEMIFARGARCH), which includes deterministic trends, difference stationarity and stationarity with short- and long-range dependence, and heteroskedastic model errors, is very powerful for modelling financial time series. This paper discusses the model fitting, including an efficient algorithm and parameter estimation of GARCH error term. So that the model can be applied in practice. We then illustrate the model and estimation methods with a few of different finance data sets.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001.
"Necessary and Sufficient Moment Conditions for the GARCH(r,s) and Asymmetric Power GARCH(r,s) Models,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0534, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Ling, Shiqing & McAleer, Michael, 2002. "NECESSARY AND SUFFICIENT MOMENT CONDITIONS FOR THE GARCH(r,s) AND ASYMMETRIC POWER GARCH(r,s) MODELS," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 722-729, June.
- Beran, Jan & Feng, Yuanhua, 2002. "SEMIFAR models--a semiparametric approach to modelling trends, long-range dependence and nonstationarity," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 393-419, August.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua.Feng, 2001. "Iterative plug-in algorithms for SEMIFAR models - definition, convergence and asymptotic properties," CoFE Discussion Paper 01-11, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng, 1999. "Local Polynomial Estimation with a FARIMA-GARCH Error Process," CoFE Discussion Paper 99-08, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Liudas Giraitis & Remigijus Leipus & Peter M Robinson & Donatas Surgailis, 2003.
"LARCH, Leverage and Long Memory,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
/2003/460, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Engle, Robert F & Lilien, David M & Robins, Russell P, 1987. "Estimating Time Varying Risk Premia in the Term Structure: The Arch-M Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 391-407, March.
- Robinson, P. M., 1991. "Testing for strong serial correlation and dynamic conditional heteroskedasticity in multiple regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 67-84, January.
- He, Changli & Ter svirta, Timo, 1999. "FOURTH MOMENT STRUCTURE OF THE GARCH(p,q) PROCESS," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(06), pages 824-846, December.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hosking, Jonathan R. M., 1996. "Asymptotic distributions of the sample mean, autocovariances, and autocorrelations of long-memory time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 261-284, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:knz:cofedp:0714. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Nolte)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ingmar Nolte to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.