On parameter estimation for locally stationary long-memory processes
We consider parameter estimation for time-dependent locally stationary long-memory processes. The asymptotic distribution of an estimator based on the local infinite autoregressive representation is derived, and asymptotic formulas for the mean squared error of the estimator, and the asymptotically optimal bandwidth are obtained. In spite of long memory, the optimal bandwidth turns out to be of the order n^(-1/5) and inversely proportional to the square of the second derivative of d. In this sense, local estimation of d is comparable to regression smoothing with iid residuals.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dahlhaus, R., 1996. "On the Kullback-Leibler information divergence of locally stationary processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 139-168, March.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Ding, Zhuanxin, 1996. "Varieties of long memory models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 61-77, July.
- Sébastien Van Bellegem & Rainer Dahlhaus, 2006. "Semiparametric estimation by model selection for locally stationary processes," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(5), pages 721-746.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua.Feng, 2001. "Iterative plug-in algorithms for SEMIFAR models - definition, convergence and asymptotic properties," CoFE Discussion Paper 01-11, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Francis X. Diebold & Atsushi Inoue, 2000.
"Long Memory and Regime Switching,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0264, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2001.
"Long-memory versus structural breaks: An overview,"
2001,28, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Beran, Jan & Feng, Yuanhua, 2002. "SEMIFAR models--a semiparametric approach to modelling trends, long-range dependence and nonstationarity," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 393-419, August.
- Hallin, Marc, 1978.
"Mixed autoregressive-moving average multivariate processes with time-dependent coefficients,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 567-572, December.
- Marc Hallin, 1978. "Mixed autoregressive-moving average multivariate processes with time-dependent coefficients," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1987, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hall, Peter & Hart, Jeffrey D., 1990. "Nonparametric regression with long-range dependence," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 339-351, December.
- Kenneth Falconer & Carmen Fern�ndez, 2007. "Inference on fractal processes using multiresolution approximation," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(2), pages 313-334.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Hyung, Namwon, 2004. "Occasional structural breaks and long memory with an application to the S&P 500 absolute stock returns," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 399-421, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:knz:cofedp:0713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Nolte)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ingmar Nolte to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.