Hydrodynamics from kinetic models of conservative economies
In this paper, we introduce and discuss the passage to hy- drodynamic equations for kinetic models of conservative economies, in which the density of wealth depends on additional parameters, like the propensity to invest. As in kinetic theory of rarefied gases, the closure depends on the knowledge of the homogeneous steady wealth distribution (the Maxwellian) of the underlying kinetic model. The collision operator used here is the Fokker-Planck operator introduced by J.P. Bouchaud and M. Mezard in , which has been recently obtained in a suitable asymp- totic of a Boltzmann-like model involving both exchanges between agents and speculative trading by S. Cordier, L. Pareschi and one of the authors . Numerical simulations on the fluid equations are then proposed and analyzed for various laws of variation of the propensity.
|Date of creation:||14 Jul 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Fach D 147, D-78457 Konstanz|
Web page: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yougui Wang & Ning Ding & Li Zhang, 2005. "The Circulation of Money and Holding Time Distribution," Papers physics/0507147, arXiv.org.
- Francesco Mainardi & Marco Raberto & Rudolf Gorenflo & Enrico Scalas, 2004.
"Fractional calculus and continuous-time finance II: the waiting- time distribution,"
- Mainardi, Francesco & Raberto, Marco & Gorenflo, Rudolf & Scalas, Enrico, 2000. "Fractional calculus and continuous-time finance II: the waiting-time distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 287(3), pages 468-481.
- Francesco Mainardi & Marco Raberto & Rudolf Gorenflo & Enrico Scalas, 2000. "Fractional calculus and continuous-time finance II: the waiting-time distribution," Papers cond-mat/0006454, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2000.
- Romanovsky, M. & Oks, E., 2001. "Time intervals distribution of stock transactions and time correlation of stock indices in the model space," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 168-174.
- Bouchaud, Jean-Philippe & Mézard, Marc, 2000. "Wealth condensation in a simple model of economy," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 282(3), pages 536-545.
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Mezard, 2000. "Wealth condensation in a simple model of economy," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500026, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Arnab Chatterjee & Bikas K. Chakrabarti & Robin B. Stinchcombe, 2005. "Master equation for a kinetic model of trading market and its analytic solution," Papers cond-mat/0501413, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2005.
- Chatterjee, Arnab & K. Chakrabarti, Bikas & Manna, S.S, 2004. "Pareto law in a kinetic model of market with random saving propensity," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 335(1), pages 155-163.
- Arnab Chatterjee & Bikas K. Chakrabarti & S. S. Manna, 2003. "Pareto Law in a Kinetic Model of Market with Random Saving Propensity," Papers cond-mat/0301289, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2004.
- Enrico Scalas & Rudolf Gorenflo & Francesco Mainardi, 2004.
"Fractional calculus and continuous-time finance,"
- Scalas, Enrico & Gorenflo, Rudolf & Mainardi, Francesco, 2000. "Fractional calculus and continuous-time finance," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 284(1), pages 376-384.
- Katarzyna Sznajd-Weron & Jozef Sznajd, 2000. "Opinion evolution in closed community," HSC Research Reports HSC/00/04, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- S. Ispolatov & P.L. Krapivsky & S. Redner, 1998. "Wealth distributions in asset exchange models," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 267-276, March.
- F. Slanina & H. Lavicka, 2003. "Analytical results for the Sznajd model of opinion formation," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 279-288, September.
- Adrian Dragulescu & Victor M. Yakovenko, 2000. "Statistical mechanics of money," Papers cond-mat/0001432, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2000.
- Wang, Yougui & Ding, Ning & Zhang, Li, 2003. "The circulation of money and holding time distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 324(3), pages 665-677.
- anonymous, 1980. "What’s wrong with macroeconomics," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:knz:cofedp:0706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Nolte)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ingmar Nolte to update the entry or send us the correct email address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.