Recent Developments in Non- and Semiparametric Regression with Fractional Time Series Errors
This paper summarizes recent developments in non- and semiparametric regres- sion with stationary fractional time series errors, where the error process may be short-range, long-range dependent or antipersistent. The trend function in this model is estimated nonparametrically, while the dependence structure of the error process is estimated by approximate maximum likelihood. Asymptotic properties of these estimators are described briefly. The focus is on describing the developments of bandwidth selection in this context based on the iterative plug-in idea (Gasser et al., 1991) and some detailed computational aspects. Applications in the framework of the SEMIFAR (semiparametric fractional autoregressive) model (Beran, 1999) illustrate the practical usefulness of the methods described here.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Fach D 147, D-78457 Konstanz|
Web page: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng, 2002. "Local Polynomial Fitting with Long-Memory, Short-Memory and Antipersistent Errors," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 54(2), pages 291-311, June.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Heiler, Siegfried & Feng, Yuanhua, 1995. "A simple root n bandwidth selector for nonparametric regression," Discussion Papers, Series II 286, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Feng, Yuanhua, 2004.
"Simultaneously Modeling Conditional Heteroskedasticity And Scale Change,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 563-596, June.
- Yuanhua Feng, 2002. "Simultaneously Modelling Conditional Heteroskedasticity and Scale Change," CoFE Discussion Paper 02-12, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng & Siegfried Heiler, 2000. "Modifying the double smoothing bandwidth selector in nonparametric regression," CoFE Discussion Paper 00-37, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Yuanhua Feng, 2002. "An Iterative Plug-In Algorithm for Nonparametric Modelling of Seasonal Time Series," CoFE Discussion Paper 02-04, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Hall, Peter & Hart, Jeffrey D., 1990. "Nonparametric regression with long-range dependence," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 339-351, December.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Chiu, Shean-Tsong, 1989. "Bandwidth selection for kernel estimate with correlated noise," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 347-354, September.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng, 1999. "Local Polynomial Estimation with a FARIMA-GARCH Error Process," CoFE Discussion Paper 99-08, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua.Feng, 2001. "Iterative plug-in algorithms for SEMIFAR models - definition, convergence and asymptotic properties," CoFE Discussion Paper 01-11, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Jan Beran, 1999. "SEMIFAR Models - A Semiparametric Framework for Modelling Trends, Long Range Dependence and Nonstationarity," CoFE Discussion Paper 99-16, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Beran, Jan & Ocker, Dirk, 2001. "Volatility of Stock-Market Indexes--An Analysis Based on SEMIFAR Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(1), pages 103-16, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:knz:cofedp:0213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Nolte)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.