Recent Developments in Non- and Semiparametric Regression with Fractional Time Series Errors
This paper summarizes recent developments in non- and semiparametric regres- sion with stationary fractional time series errors, where the error process may be short-range, long-range dependent or antipersistent. The trend function in this model is estimated nonparametrically, while the dependence structure of the error process is estimated by approximate maximum likelihood. Asymptotic properties of these estimators are described briefly. The focus is on describing the developments of bandwidth selection in this context based on the iterative plug-in idea (Gasser et al., 1991) and some detailed computational aspects. Applications in the framework of the SEMIFAR (semiparametric fractional autoregressive) model (Beran, 1999) illustrate the practical usefulness of the methods described here.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng, 2002. "Local Polynomial Fitting with Long-Memory, Short-Memory and Antipersistent Errors," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 291-311, June.
- Yuanhua Feng, 2002.
"Simultaneously Modelling Conditional Heteroskedasticity and Scale Change,"
CoFE Discussion Paper
02-12, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Feng, Yuanhua, 2004. "Simultaneously Modeling Conditional Heteroskedasticity And Scale Change," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 563-596, June.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua.Feng, 2001. "Iterative plug-in algorithms for SEMIFAR models - definition, convergence and asymptotic properties," CoFE Discussion Paper 01-11, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Jan Beran, 1999. "SEMIFAR Models - A Semiparametric Framework for Modelling Trends, Long Range Dependence and Nonstationarity," CoFE Discussion Paper 99-16, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Yuanhua Feng, 2002. "An Iterative Plug-In Algorithm for Nonparametric Modelling of Seasonal Time Series," CoFE Discussion Paper 02-04, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng, 1999. "Local Polynomial Estimation with a FARIMA-GARCH Error Process," CoFE Discussion Paper 99-08, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Hall, Peter & Hart, Jeffrey D., 1990. "Nonparametric regression with long-range dependence," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 339-351, December.
- Jan Beran & Yuanhua Feng & Siegfried Heiler, 2000. "Modifying the double smoothing bandwidth selector in nonparametric regression," CoFE Discussion Paper 00-37, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Chiu, Shean-Tsong, 1989. "Bandwidth selection for kernel estimate with correlated noise," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 347-354, September.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Beran, Jan & Ocker, Dirk, 2001. "Volatility of Stock-Market Indexes--An Analysis Based on SEMIFAR Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(1), pages 103-16, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:knz:cofedp:0213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Nolte)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ingmar Nolte to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.