High order compact finite difference schemes for a nonlinear Black-Scholes equation
A nonlinear Black-Scholes equation which models transaction costs arising in the hedging of portfolios is discretized semi-implicitly using high order compact finite difference schemes. In particular, the compact schemes of Rigal are generalized. The numerical results are compared to standard finite difference schemes. It turns out that the compact schemes have very satisfying stability and non-oscillatory properties and are generally more e±cient than the considered classical schemes.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Fach D 147, D-78457 Konstanz|
Web page: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- E. Platen & M. Schweizer, 1997.
"On Feedback Effects from Hedging Derivatives,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1997,83, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- K. Ronnie Sircar & George Papanicolaou, 1998. "General Black-Scholes models accounting for increased market volatility from hedging strategies," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 45-82.
- A. E. Whalley & P. Wilmott, 1997. "An Asymptotic Analysis of an Optimal Hedging Model for Option Pricing with Transaction Costs," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 307-324.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1984.
"Option Pricing and Replication with Transactions Costs,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
144, University of California at Berkeley.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1985. " Option Pricing and Replication with Transactions Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1283-1301, December.
- George M. Constantinides & Thaleia Zariphopoulou, .
"Bounds on Prices of Contingent Claims in an Intertemporal Economy with Proportional Transaction Costs and General Preferences,"
CRSP working papers
347, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- (*), Thaleia Zariphopoulou & George M. Constantinides, 1999. "Bounds on prices of contingent claims in an intertemporal economy with proportional transaction costs and general preferences," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 345-369.
- RØdiger Frey, 1998. "Perfect option hedging for a large trader," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 115-141.
- Gennotte, Gerard & Leland, Hayne, 1990.
"Market Liquidity, Hedging, and Crashes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 999-1021, December.
- Gerard Gennotte and Hayne Leland., 1989. "Market Liquidity, Hedging and Crashes," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-184, University of California at Berkeley.
- Gerard Gennotte and Hayne Leland., 1989. "Market Liquidity, Hedging and Crashes," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-192, University of California at Berkeley.
- Halil Mete Soner & Guy Barles, 1998. "Option pricing with transaction costs and a nonlinear Black-Scholes equation," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 369-397.
- Jarrow, Robert A., 1992. "Market Manipulation, Bubbles, Corners, and Short Squeezes," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 311-336, September.
- Avellaneda Marco & ParaS Antonio, 1994. "Dynamic hedging portfolios for derivative securities in the presence of large transaction costs," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 165-194.
- P. A. Forsyth & K. R. Vetzal & R. Zvan, 1999. "A finite element approach to the pricing of discrete lookbacks with stochastic volatility," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 87-106.
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Bernard Bensaid & Jean-Philippe Lesne & Henri Pagès & José Scheinkman, 1992. "Derivative Asset Pricing With Transaction Costs," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 63-86.
- Boyle, Phelim P & Vorst, Ton, 1992. " Option Replication in Discrete Time with Transaction Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 271-93, March.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:knz:cofedp:0107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Nolte)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ingmar Nolte to update the entry or send us the correct email address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.