Global Adapted Solution of One-Dimensional Backward Stochastic Riccati Equations, with Application to the Mean-Variance Hedging
We obtain the global existence and uniqueness result for a one-dimensional back- ward stochastic Riccati equation, whose generator contains a quadratic term of L (the second unknown component). This solves the one-dimensional case of Bismut- Peng's problem which was initially proposed by Bismut (1978) in the Springer yellow book LNM 649. We use an approximation technique by constructing a sequence of monotone generators and then passing to the limit. We make full use of the special structure of the underlying Riccati equation. The singular case is also discussed. Finally, the above results are applied to solve the mean-variance hedging problem with stochastic market conditions.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://cofe.uni-konstanz.de Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 2000. "Efficient hedging: Cost versus shortfall risk," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 117-146.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Laurent, Jean-Paul & Pham, Huyên, 1996.
"Mean-variance hedging and numeraire,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Martin Schweizer & HuyËn Pham & (*), Thorsten RheinlÄnder, 1998. "Mean-variance hedging for continuous processes: New proofs and examples," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 173-198.
- Stein, Elias M & Stein, Jeremy C, 1991. "Stock Price Distributions with Stochastic Volatility: An Analytic Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 727-52.
- Martin Schweizer & Christophe Stricker & Freddy Delbaen & Pascale Monat & Walter Schachermayer, 1997. "Weighted norm inequalities and hedging in incomplete markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 181-227.
- HuyËn Pham & Jean Paul Laurent, 1999. "Dynamic programming and mean-variance hedging," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 83-110.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:knz:cofedp:0026. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Nolte)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ingmar Nolte to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.