Regulierung vertikal strukturierter Industrien: Eine Analyse der Stromwirtschaftschaft auf Grundlage der neuen Institutionenökonomik
This paper deals with the efficiency characteristics of alternative regulatory policies in the electricity sector. The analysis begins with the presentation of the analytical concept of the ?regulatory contract, which is based on the New Institutional Economics. The main part of the paper deals with the regulatory implications of the technical characteristics of the electricity supply industry. Firstly, it analyses optimal rules for regulating the price-level and the pricestructure. Secondly, the consequences of asymmetric information between Regulator and regulated firms are scrutinised. These informational asymmetries are of particular importance in the case of vertically integrated electricity companies. Several measures to improve the informational Situation of the regulator are discussed. The paper concludes with a summary of the main results.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 85853
Web page: http://www.ifw-kiel.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wu, Felix, et al, 1996. "Folk Theorems on Transmission Access: Proofs and Counterexamples," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 5-23, July.
- Vickers, John, 1995. "Competition and Regulation in Vertically Related Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Robert Wilson, 1997. "Implementation of Priority Insurance in Power Exchange Markets," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 111-123.
- Asher Wolinsky, 1997.
"Regulation of Duopoly: Managed Competition vs Regulated Monopolies,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 821-847, December.
- Asher Wolinsky, 1994. "Regulation of Duopoly: Managed Competition vs. Regulated Monopolies," Discussion Papers 1116, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Daniel F. Spulber, 1989. "Regulation and Markets," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262192756, June.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1976. "Franchise Bidding for Natural Monopolies -- in General and with Respect to CATV," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(1), pages 73-104, Spring.
- Spiller, Pablo T, 1996. "Institutions and Commitment," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 421-52.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kie:kieliw:874. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.