Wie privatisieren und wer privatisiert? Zur Erklärung der Wahl der Privatisierungsmethode und -organisation
With this theoretical survey the thesis is put forward that the method of privatization as well as the structure of the privatization agency is choosen by the politicians for politico-economic reasons, and not for reasons of saving transaction costs or for reasons of ideological preferences. The method of privatization (auction, bargaining, giveaway) is the one that is choosen which secures power for the politician. And the agency of privatization is structured according to the juridical power and political structure of the State.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 85853
Web page: http://www.ifw-kiel.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766, December.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1994.
"A Theory of the Welfare State,"
NBER Working Papers
4856, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heinrich, Ralph P., 1993. "The merits of insider privatization: What Russia can learn from Eastern Central Europe," Kiel Discussion Papers 201, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Umbeck, John, 1981. "Might Makes Rights: A Theory of the Formation and Initial Distribution of Property Rights," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(1), pages 38-59, January.
- Siegmund, Uwe, 1997. "Warum Privatisierung? Eine Dogmengeschichte der Privatisierungstheorien," Kiel Working Papers 785, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Schmidt, Klaus M. & Schnitzer, Monika, .
"Methods of privatization: Auctions, bargaining, and giveaways,"
Chapters in Economics,
University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Schmidt, Klaus M. & Schnitzer, Monika, 1997. "Methods of Privatization: Auctions, Bargaining and Give-Aways," CEPR Discussion Papers 1541, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kie:kieliw:812. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.