Efficient real exchange rate adjustment in developing countries: alternative devaluation strategies, economic structure, and sequencing of reforms
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||1991|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 85853
Web page: http://www.ifw-kiel.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1989. "Developing Country Debt and the World Economy," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number sach89-3, September.
- Dani Rodrik, 1989.
"Policy Uncertainty and Private Investment in Developing Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
2999, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Policy uncertainty and private investment in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 229-242, October.
- Liliana Rojas-Suarez, 1987. "Devaluation and Monetary Policy in Developing Countries: A General Equilibrium Model for Economies Facing Financial Constraints," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(3), pages 439-470, September.
- Riccardo Faini & Jaime de Melo, 2015.
"Adjustment, Investment and the Real Exchange Rate in Developing Countries,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Developing Countries in the World Economy, chapter 6, pages 137-165
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Faini, Riccardo & de Melo, Jaime, 1990. "Adjustment, investment, and the real exchange rate in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 473, The World Bank.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Ernesto HernÃ¡ndez-CatÃ¡ & Willem H. Buiter, 1983. "Flexible Exchange Rates and Interdependence [with Comments] (Taux de change flexibles et interdÃ©pendance) (Tipos de cambio flexibles e interdependencia)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(1), pages 3-38, March.
- Jagdeep S. Bhandari, 1989. "Trade Reform under Partial Currency Convertibility: Some Suggestive Results," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(2), pages 494-513, June.
- Sebastian Edwards & Mohsin S. Khan, 1985. "Interest Rate Determination in Developing Countries: A Conceptual Framework (DÃ©termination du taux d'intÃ©rÃªt dans les pays en dÃ©veloppement: cadre thÃ©orique) (DeterminaciÃ³n de los tipos de inter," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(3), pages 377-403, September.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1988.
"Real and monetary determinants of real exchange rate behavior: Theory and evidence from developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 311-341, November.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1988. "Real and Monetary Determinants of Real Exchange Rate Behavior: Theory and Evidence From Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 2721, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastion Edwards, 1988. "Real and Monetary Determinants of Real Exchange Rate Behavior: Theory and Evidence from Developing Countries," UCLA Economics Working Papers 506, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Sweder van Wijnbergen, 1991.
"Fiscal Deficits, Exchange Rate Crises and Inflation,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 81-92.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1985. "Fiscal Deficits, Exchange Rate Crises and Inflation," CEPR Discussion Papers 87, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sweder van Wijnbergen, 1987. "Fiscal Deficits, Exchange Rate Crises and Inflation," NBER Working Papers 2130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1989.
"On the Sequencing of Structural Reforms,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
70, OECD Publishing.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Schweickert, Rainer, 1990.
"Real exchange rates and economic growth in developing countries: Is devaluation contractionary?,"
Kiel Working Papers
405, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Schweickert, Rainer, 1990. "Real exchange rates and economic growth in developing countries: is devaluation contractionary?," Kiel Working Papers 405, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- David A. Belsley, 1973. "On the Determination of Systematic Parameter Variation in the Linear Regression Model," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 2, number 4, pages 487-494 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1987. "Trade and Exchange Rate Policies in Growth-Oriented Adjustment Programs," NBER Working Papers 2226, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rudiger Dornbusch, 1982. "Flexible Exchange Rates and Interdependence," NBER Working Papers 1035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reisen, H., 1989. "Public Debt, External Competitiveness, And Fiscal Discipline In Developing Countries," Princeton Studies in International Economics 66, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Sell, Friedrich L., 1988. "True exposure: The analytics of trade liberalization in a general equilibrium framework," Kiel Working Papers 312, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Edwards, Sebastian & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1986. "The Welfare Effects of Trade and Capital Market Liberalization," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(1), pages 141-48, February.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1986. "Issues in Medium-term Macroeconomic Adjustment," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 1(2), pages 163-82, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kie:kieliw:473. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.