How far is Vienna from Chicago? An essay on the methodology of two schools of dogmatic liberalism
From the 194O's until the late 196O's,the unchallenged ruler of the intellectual kingdom of economics was a paradigm which - for lack of a better name - we shall simply call mainstream economics. Broadly speaking, mainstream economics may be described as a well-composed menu of quite distinct analytical tool-boxes which are eclectically used to solve the relevant problems at hand: neoclassical theory in the microeconomic domain, keynesian theory in the macroeconomic domain, and paretian welfare theory in the domain of normative economics.
|Date of creation:||1984|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 85853
Web page: http://www.ifw-kiel.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Methods and Problems in Business Cycle Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(4), pages 696-715, November.
- Armen A. Alchian, 1950. "Uncertainty, Evolution, and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 211.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
- Hoover, Kevin D, 1984. "Two Types of Monetarism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 58-76, March.
- Boland, Lawrence A, 1979. "A Critique of Friedman's Critics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 503-22, June.
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1962. "Rational Action and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 380.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Unemployment Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 353-57, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kie:kieliw:209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.