On managing adjustment to external shocks in oil importing developing countries
This paper employs country specific multisectoral general equilibrium models of Turkey, Kenya and India to study the adjustment problems confronting these countries. The affects of liberal and interventionist policies on GDP and on incomes of different classes are analysed. The results show that liberal policies minimise the GDP losses and that farmers are relatively better off under these policies.
|Date of creation:||1982|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 85853
Web page: http://www.ifw-kiel.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent, David, 1981. "Multisectoral economic models for developing countries," Kiel Working Papers 117, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Paul S. Armington, 1969. "The Geographic Pattern of Trade and the Effects of Price Changes (Structure gÃ©ographique des Ã©changes et incidences des variations de prix) (Estructura geogrÃ¡fica del comercio y efectos de la varia," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(2), pages 179-201, July.
- Paul S. Armington, 1970. "Adjustment of Trade Balances: Some Experiments with a Model of Trade among Many Countries (Ajustement de la balance commerciale: quelques expÃ©riences avec un modÃ¨le d'Ã©changes internationaux) (El a," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(3), pages 488-526, November.
- Hanoch, Giora, 1971. "CRESH Production Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 695-712, September.
- de Melo, Jaime & Robinson, Sherman, 1982. "Trade adjustment policies and income distribution in three archetype developing economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 67-92, February.
- Dervis, Kemal & de Melo, Jaime & Robinson, Sherman, 1981. "A General Equilibrium Analysis of Foreign Exchange Shortages in a Developing Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(364), pages 891-906, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kie:kieliw:149. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Dieter Stribny to update the entry or send us the correct email address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.