Erneute EU-Agrarreform: Umbau statt Abbau von Subventionen
The paper discusses the decisions on the reform of the CAP from June 2003. The decisions focus on the decoupling of the direct payments to farmers from production. This will reduce production incentives and thereby improve the allocation of resources. However, payments to farmers will hardly be reduced in total but rather partly be redirected towards rural development policies, environmental policies and animal health measures. Since a consistent rationale for permanent payments to farmers is missing, payments should be stopped completely. The increase of financial support for rural development is the wrong way, since most measures, again, are interventions in favour of farmers.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 85853
Web page: http://www.ifw-kiel.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krieger-Boden, Christiane, 2002.
"European integration and the case for compensatory regional policy,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa02p240, European Regional Science Association.
- Krieger-Boden, Christiane, 2002. "European integration and the case for compensatory regional policy," Kiel Working Papers 1135, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Christiane Krieger-Boden, 2002. "European Integration and the Case for Compensatory Regional Policy," Kiel Working Papers 1135, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Hobbs, A. L. & Hobbs, J. E. & Isaac, G. E. & Kerr, W. A., 2002. "Ethics, domestic food policy and trade law: assessing the EU animal welfare proposal to the WTO," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5-6), pages 437-454.
- Koester, Ulrich, 2003. "EU-Agrarreform: endlich ein Durchbruch?," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1949 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 83(3), pages 151-156.
- Schrader, Jörg-Volker, 1994. "Nachwachsende Rohstoffe: Umweltfreundlicher Weg aus der Agrarkrise oder neues Subventionsloch?," Kiel Discussion Papers 238, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kie:kieliw:1216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.