Ressourcen und Ergebnisse der globalen Gesundheitsökonomie, Einführung und Überblick
This paper surveys the global health economy, with special emphasis on the allocation of resources, the measurement of medical outcomes and the determinants of international variation. The paper also discusses policy reforms in the major industrialized countries and assesses recent and current developments in the German, British and US health systems.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 85853
Web page: http://www.ifw-kiel.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olsen, Edgar O. & Rogers, Diane Lim, 1991. "The welfare economics of equal access," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 91-105, June.
- Sherwin Rosen, .
"The Value of Changes in Life Expectancy,"
University of Chicago - Population Research Center
87-14, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Frank Lichtenberg, 2002.
"Benefits and Costs of Newer Drugs: An Update,"
NBER Working Papers
8996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William D. Nordhaus, 2002.
"The Health of Nations: The Contribution of Improved Health to Living Standards,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1355, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- William D. Nordhaus, 2002. "The Health of Nations: The Contribution of Improved Health to Living Standards," NBER Working Papers 8818, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Jonsson, Bengt, 2000. "International comparisons of health expenditure: Theory, data and econometric analysis," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 11-53 Elsevier.
- Mathias Kifmann, 2002. "Die Finanzierung der Gesetzlichen Krankenversicherung durch Kopfbeiträge aus verfassungsökonomischer Sicht," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 71(4), pages 505-512.
- Friedrich Breyer, 2003. "Einkommensbezogene versus pauschale GKV-Beiträge: eine Begriffsklärung," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 330, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Vincenzo Atella & Giorgia Marini, 2007. "Is Health Care Expenditure Really a Luxury Good? Re-assessment and New Evidence Based on OECD Data," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 97(2), pages 87-120, March-Apr.
- Culyer, A J, 1989. "The Normative Economics of Health Care Finance and Provision," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 34-58, Spring.
- Charles I. Jones, 2002. "Why Have Health Expenditures as a Share fo GDP Risen So Much?," NBER Working Papers 9325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Ellen Meara, 1997.
"The Medical Costs of The Young and Old: A Forty Year Perspective,"
NBER Working Papers
6114, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Ellen Meara, 1998. "The Medical Costs of the Young and Old: A Forty-Year Perspective," NBER Chapters, in: Frontiers in the Economics of Aging, pages 215-246 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert W. Fogel, 2003. "Secular Trends in Physiological Capital: Implications for Equity in Health Care," NBER Working Papers 9771, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Tomas J. Philipson & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2003.
"The Quantity and Quality of Life and the Evolution of World Inequality,"
NBER Working Papers
9765, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Tomas J. Philipson & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2005. "The Quantity and Quality of Life and the Evolution of World Inequality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 277-291, March.
- Hurley, Jeremiah, 2000. "An overview of the normative economics of the health sector," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 55-118 Elsevier.
- Elizabeth Docteur & Hannes Suppanz & Jaejoon Woo, 2003. "The US Health System: An Assessment and Prospective Directions for Reform," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 350, OECD Publishing.
- Sherry Glied, 2003. "Health Care Costs: On the Rise Again," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 125-148, Spring.
- repec:rus:hseeco:123460 is not listed on IDEAS
- Culyer, A. J. & Wagstaff, Adam, 1993. "Equity and equality in health and health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 431-457, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kie:kieliw:1177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dieter Stribny)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Dieter Stribny to update the entry or send us the correct email address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.