Local Residential Sorting and Public Goods Provision: A Classroom Demonstration
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Keith Brouhle & Jay Corrigan & Rachel Croson & Martin Farnham & Selhan Garip & Luba Habodaszova & Laurie Tipton Johnson & Martin Johnson & David Reiley, 2005. "Local Residential Sorting and Public Goods Provision: A Classroom Demonstration," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 332-341, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mieszkowski, Peter & Zodrow, George R, 1989. "Taxation and the Tiebout Model: The Differential Effects of Head Taxes, Taxes on Land Rents, and Property Taxes," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 27(3), pages 1098-1146, September.
- Edward Clarke, 1971. "Multipart pricing of public goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 17-33, September.
- John D. Donahue, 1997. "Tiebout? Or Not Tiebout? The Market Metaphor and America's Devolution Debate," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 73-81, Fall.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:87:y:1993:i:03:p:702-713_10 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:89:y:1995:i:03:p:705-709_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Theodore Groves & John Ledyard, 1977. "Some limitations of demand revelaing processes," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 107-124, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:83:y:1989:i:03:p:711-728_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rubinfeld, Daniel L & Shapiro, Perry & Roberts, Judith, 1987. "Tiebout Bias and the Demand for Local Public Schooling," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 426-437, August.
- Kollman, Ken & Miller, John H & Page, Scott E, 1997. "Political Institutions and Sorting in a Tiebout Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 977-992, December.
- Groves, Theodore, 1973. "Incentives in Teams," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 617-631, July.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2000. "A Tiebout/tax-competition model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 285-306, August.
More about this item
Keywordsclassroom experiments; public goods; residential sorting; Tiebout hypothesis.;
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- H73 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Interjurisdictional Differentials and Their Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ken:wpaper:0502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jay Corrigan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edkenus.html .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.