Scheduling freight trains in rail-rail transshipment yards
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ballis, Athanasios & Golias, John, 2002. "Comparative evaluation of existing and innovative rail-road freight transport terminals," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 593-611, August.
- Freling, R. & Lentink, R.M. & Kroon, L.G. & Huisman, D., 2002. "Shunting of Passenger Train Units in a Railway Station," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-74-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Nils Boysen & Malte Fliedner & Armin Scholl, 2007. "Sequencing Mixed-Model Assembly Lines to Minimize Part Inventory Cost," Jena Research Papers in Business and Economics - Working and Discussion Papers (Expired!) 03/2007, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, School of Economics and Business Administration.
- Macharis, C. & Bontekoning, Y. M., 2004. "Opportunities for OR in intermodal freight transport research: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 400-416, March.
- He, Shiwei & Song, Rui & Chaudhry, Sohail S., 2000. "Fuzzy dispatching model and genetic algorithms for railyards operations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 307-331, July.
- Sabuncuoglu, Ihsan & Gocgun, Yasin & Erel, Erdal, 2008. "Backtracking and exchange of information: Methods to enhance a beam search algorithm for assembly line scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(3), pages 915-930, May.
- Harald Rotter, 2004. "New operating concepts for intermodal transport: The mega hub in Hanover/Lehrte in Germany," Transportation Planning and Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(5), pages 347-365, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boysen, Nils & Fliedner, Malte, 2010. "Determining crane areas in intermodal transshipment yards: The yard partition problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(2), pages 336-342, July.
More about this item
KeywordsRailway Systems; Transshipment Yard; Train Scheduling; Dynamic Programming; Beam Search;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-07 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jen:jenjbe:2008-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.wiwi.uni-jena.de/ .