Das makroökonometrische Modell des IWH: Eine angebotsseitige Betrachtung
This paper describes the IWH macroeconometric model, a quarterly structural model for the German Economy. It focuses on the specification and estimation on supply-side aspects of the model. This approach guarantees a theoretical derived long-run model equilibrium. It combines short-run forecasting requirements with a long-run theoretical foundation. For some macroeconomic aggregates short- and long-run effects of supply- and demand shocks are illustrated. Additionally, effects of external shocks are investigated through model simulations to illustrate aggregate model characteristics.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (0345) 7753-60
Fax: (0345) 7753-820
Web page: http://www.iwh-halle.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dave Turner & Pete Richardson & Sylvie Rauffet, 1996. "Modelling the Supply Side of the Seven Major OECD Economies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 167, OECD Publishing.
- Fagan, Gabriel & Henry, Jerome & Mestre, Ricardo, 2005. "An area-wide model for the euro area," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 39-59, January.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Tom Doan, . "SWDOLS: RATS procedure to estimate cointegrating vectors using dynamic OLS," Statistical Software Components RTS00207, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Christian Dreger, 2003.
"A macroeconometric model for the Euro economy,"
IWH Discussion Papers
181, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Christian Dreger & Christian Schumacher, 2000. "Zur empirischen Evidenz der Cobb-Douglas-Technologie in gesamtdeutschen Zeitreihen," IWH Discussion Papers 113, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Pierre Cahuc & AndrÃ© Zylberberg, 2004. "Labor Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026203316x, June.
- Jonas Dovern & Carsten-Patrick Meier, 2006. "Macroeconomic Aspects of Structural Labor Market Reforms in Germany," Kiel Working Papers 1295, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Stock, James H, 1987. "Asymptotic Properties of Least Squares Estimators of Cointegrating Vectors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1035-56, September.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
- Bagnai, Alberto & Carlucci, Francesco, 2003. "An aggregate model for the European Union," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 623-649, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwh:dispap:9-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tobias Henning)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.