„Arbeitsplatzausstattung“ und „Arbeitsplatzlücke“ nach Geschlechtern in Ost- und Westdeutschland
The paper investigates (a) the number and structure of available jobs by gender in East and West Germany, (b) the gap between the supply and demand of jobs by gender in both regions and (c) the reasons for the wider “job gap” in East Germany compared with West Germany. The paper uses data from the Regional National Accounts and the Federal Labor Office. The analysis shows no significant difference in the number of jobs per 1000 persons in working age between East and West Germany. For women, the East German economy offers more jobs. Nevertheless, the gap between labour demand and the supply of jobs is wider in East Germany. This is caused not only by problems concerning the production structure, but also by the significantly higher partizipation rate of women in the labor market. Reasons are the traditional behaviour of East German woman and – compared with West Germany – the considerably lower household income.
|Date of creation:||May 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kleine Märkerstrasse 8, 06108 Halle (Saale)|
Phone: (0345) 7753-60
Fax: (0345) 7753-820
Web page: http://www.iwh-halle.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:zbw:iwhwiw:1-04-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holger Bonin & Rob Euwals, 2002.
"Participation Behavior of East German Women after German Unification,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
477, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Bonin, Holger & Euwals, Rob, 2002. "Participation Behaviour of East German Women After German Unification," CEPR Discussion Papers 3201, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Holger Bonin & Rob Euwals, 2002. "Participation Behavior of East German Women after German Unification," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 D1-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Bonin, Holger & Euwals, Rob, 2001. "Participation Behavior of East German Women after German Unification," IZA Discussion Papers 413, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:zbw:iwhwiw:11-04-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elke Holst & Jürgen Schupp, 1996. "Erwerbstätigkeit von Frauen in Ost- und Westdeutschland weiterhin von steigender Bedeutung," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 63(28), pages 461-469.
- Elke Holst & Jürgen Schupp, 1997. "Hohe Fluktuation in der Stillen Reserve," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 64(47), pages 921-928.
- repec:zbw:iwhwiw:9-97-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:zbw:iwhwiw:5-05-5 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwh:dispap:9-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tobias Henning)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.