Wirkungen der Investitionsförderung in Ostdeutschland
Investment in East Germany is heavily subsidized. Econometric estimates based on a treatment approach show that the level of investment is significantly higher in firms being supported by state aid. Nevertheless, capital productivity is lower in East Germany, indicating a misallocation of capital. Additionally, there are negative effects in West Germany due to negative crowding-out effects. Therefore state aid in East Germany should be reduced in the medium run.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kleine Märkerstrasse 8, 06108 Halle (Saale)|
Phone: (0345) 7753-60
Fax: (0345) 7753-820
Web page: http://www.iwh-halle.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joachim Ragnitz, 2013. "Konvergenz von Wirtschaftsräumen – Eine Illusion?," ifo Dresden berichtet, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 20(01), pages 03-04, 02.
- Lammers, Konrad & Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2002. "Erfolgskontrolle in der deutschen Regionalpolitik: Überblick und Bewertung," HWWA Reports 214, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Klodt, Henning, 1999. "Industrial policy and the East German productivity puzzle," Kiel Working Papers 943, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- John Bradley & Edgar Morgenroth & Gerhard Untiedt, 2001. "Analysis of the macroeconomic impact of the CSF on the economy of East Germany : research project supported under EU contract EFRE No. 98.02.17002 Development of a model for assessing the macroeconomi," ifo Dresden Studien, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 30, December.
- repec:zbw:iwhwiw:13-02-3 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwh:dispap:186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tobias Henning)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.