Standortbedingungen der Biotechnologiebranche - Eine Analyse zur Identifikation von Erfolgsfaktoren für Biotechnologiefirmen und Bioregionen
The paper analyzes the factors, which are important for the success of biotechnology companies and bio regions. For these purposes the local conditions of an advanced bio region are compared with a not so advanced bio region in a bench mark approach. The significant factors for the success of biotechnology companies and bio regions are identified by the logistic regression analysis. The result is that a bundle of factors for the development of biotechnology companies and bio regions is important. Therein the supply of human capital, networks and public research in the region play an outstanding role.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (0345) 7753-60
Fax: (0345) 7753-820
Web page: http://www.iwh-halle.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dirk Engel, 2003.
"Höheres Beschäftigungswachstum durch Venture Capital?,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 223(1), pages 1-22.
- Engel, Dirk, 2001. "Höheres Beschäftigungswachstum durch Venture Capital?," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-34, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Klodt, Henning, 2001. "The Essence of the New Economy," Kiel Discussion Papers 375, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Michael Fritsch, 2003.
"Does R&D-Cooperation Behavior Differ between Regions?,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 25-39.
- Fritsch, Michael, 2002. "Does R&D-cooperation behavior differ between regions?," Freiberg Working Papers 2002,04, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Almus, Matthias & Egeln, Jürgen & Engel, Dirk, 1999. "Determinanten regionaler Unterschiede in der Gründungshäufigkeit wissensintensiver Dienstleister," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-22, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Audretsch, David B & Stephan, Paula E, 1996. "Company-Scientist Locational Links: The Case of Biotechnology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 641-52, June.
- Engel, Dirk & Fier, Andreas, 2000. "Does R&D-infrastructure attract high-tech start-ups?," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-30, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Micheal Fritsch & Christian Schwirten, 1999. "Enterprise-University Co-operation and the Role of Public Research Institutions in Regional Innovation Systems," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 69-83.
- Dohse, Dirk, 1998. "The BioRegio-contest: a new approach to technology policy and its regional consequences," Kiel Working Papers 880, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Joachim Ragnitz, 2013. "Konvergenz von Wirtschaftsräumen – Eine Illusion?," ifo Dresden berichtet, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 20(01), pages 03-04, 02.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwh:dispap:176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tobias Henning)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.