Die Verlustverteilung des unternehmerischen Forderungsausfallrisikos – Eine simulationsbasierte Modellierung
The risk of bad debt losses evolves for companies which grant payment targets. Possible losses have to be covered by these companies equity and liquidity reserves. The question of how to quantify the level of risk of bad debt losses will be discussed in this paper. Input values of this risk are the probability of default, exposure at default and loss given default. It is shown how companies can derive probability functions to describe uncertainty and variability for each input value. Based on these probability functions a simulation model is developed to quantify the risk of bad debt losses. Based on an empirical study probability functions for probability of default and loss given default are presented.
|Date of creation:||May 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (0345) 7753-60
Fax: (0345) 7753-820
Web page: http://www.iwh-halle.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin, Daniel, 1977. "Early warning of bank failure : A logit regression approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 249-276, November.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973.
"On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates,"
684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974. "On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- Bemmann, Martin, 2005. "Verbesserung der Vergleichbarkeit von Schätzgüteergebnissen von Insolvenzprognosestudien," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 08/05, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Kleijnen, J.P.C., 1997. "Sensitivity analysis and related analyses : A review of some statistical techniques," Other publications TiSEM 7969b135-47c5-4d76-9241-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Greg M. Gupton, 2005. "Advancing Loss Given Default Prediction Models: How the Quiet Have Quickened," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 34(2), pages 185-230, 07.
- Henry Dannenberg, 2005. "Sind Kreditoreneigenschaften als Indikatoren zur Quantifizierung der Höhe des Forderungsausfallrisikos nutzbar?," Wirtschaft im Wandel, Halle Institute for Economic Research, vol. 11(12), pages 388-396.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwh:dispap:10-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tobias Henning)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.