A Nonparametric Test for Grangercausality in Distribution with Application to Financial Contagion
This paper introduces a kernel-based nonparametric inferential proce-
|Date of creation:||25 Feb 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 33 1 53 63 36 00
Web page: http://www.ipag.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chafik Bouhaddioui & Roch Roy, 2006. "A Generalized Portmanteau Test For Independence Of Two Infinite-Order Vector Autoregressive Series," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 505-544, 07.
- Angelos Kanas, 2002. "Mean and Variance Causality between Official and Parallel Currency Markets: Evidence from Four Latin American Countries," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 137-163, 05.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- Candelon, Bertrand & Joëts, Marc & Tokpavi, Sessi, 2013. "Testing for Granger causality in distribution tails: An application to oil markets integration," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 276-285.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980.
"Comparison of Interwar and Postwar Business Cycles: Monetarism Reconsidered,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 250-57, May.
- Christopher A. Sims, 1980. "Comparison of Interwar and Postwar Business Cycles: Monetarism Reconsidered," NBER Working Papers 0430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Su, Liangjun & White, Halbert, 2003.
"A Consistent Characteristic-Function-Based Test for Conditional Independence,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt4dv0837f, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Su, Liangjun & White, Halbert, 2007. "A consistent characteristic function-based test for conditional independence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 807-834, December.
- repec:taf:jnlbes:v:30:y:2012:i:2:p:275-287 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bodart, Vincent & Candelon, Bertrand, 2009.
"Evidence of interdependence and contagion using a frequency domain framework,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 140-150, June.
- Bodart Vincent & Candelon Bertrand, 2005. "Evidences of Interdependence and Contagion using a Frequency Domain Framework," Research Memorandum 024, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Su, Liangjun & White, Halbert, 2008. "A Nonparametric Hellinger Metric Test For Conditional Independence," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(04), pages 829-864, August.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Testing for causality : A personal viewpoint," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 329-352, May.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Ng, Lilian K., 1996. "A causality-in-variance test and its application to financial market prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 33-48.
- Kristin Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 1999.
"No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Co-movements,"
NBER Working Papers
7267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kristin J. Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 2002. "No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Comovements," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2223-2261, October.
- King, Mervyn A & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1990.
"Transmission of Volatility between Stock Markets,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 5-33.
- Hong, Yongmiao & Liu, Yanhui & Wang, Shouyang, 2009. "Granger causality in risk and detection of extreme risk spillover between financial markets," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 150(2), pages 271-287, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipg:wpaper:2014-162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.