About Delay Aversion
In this paper we study the behaviour of decision makers who show, quoting Irving Fisher, preferences for advancing the timing of future satisfaction. We gave two definitions that could represent this kind of attitude and we studied their implications in three popular models used in decision theory, proposing alternatives to the usual concept of discounting. We found interesting links with the theory that studies the impossibility of aggregating infinite streams of income (or utility) keeping both strong monotonicity and equality among all generations, and with the notion of domination of a streams of income over another one at all interest rates.
|Date of creation:||15 Oct 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 33 1 53 63 36 00
Web page: http://www.ipag.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raut, L. K., 1986. "Myopic topologies on general commodity spaces," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 358-367, August.
- Brown, Donald J & Lewis, Lucinda M, 1981.
"Myopic Economic Agents,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 359-68, March.
- Jean-Pierre BenoÃ®t & Efe OK, 2005.
2005 Meeting Papers
752, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- David Schmeidler, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7662, David K. Levine.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Ventura, Caroline, 2013. "G-continuity, impatience and myopia for Choquet multi-period utilities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 97-105.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipg:wpaper:2013-030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.