Status, caste, and the time allocation of women in rural India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mukesh Eswaran & Bharat Ramaswami & Wilima Wadhwa, 2013. "Status, Caste, and the Time Allocation of Women in Rural India," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(2), pages 311-333.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank, Robert H, 1985. "The Demand for Unobservable and Other Nonpositional Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 101-116, March.
- Anderson, Siwan & Eswaran, Mukesh, 2009. "What determines female autonomy? Evidence from Bangladesh," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 179-191, November.
- Derek Neal, 2004.
"The Measured Black-White Wage Gap among Women Is Too Small,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(S1), pages 1-28, February.
- Derek Neal, 2002. "The Measured Black-White Wage Gap Among Women is Too Small," NBER Working Papers 9133, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ed Hopkins & Tatiana Kornienko, 2004.
"Running to Keep in the Same Place: Consumer Choice as a Game of Status,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 1085-1107, September.
- Ed Hopkins & Tatiana Kornienko, 2002. "Running to Keep in the Same Place: Consumer Choice as a Game of Status," ESE Discussion Papers 92, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Cameron, Lisa A & Dowling, J Malcolm & Worswick, Christopher, 2001. "Education and Labor Market Participation of Women in Asia: Evidence from Five Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(3), pages 461-477, April.
- B.Curtis Eaton & Mukesh Eswaran, 2009. "Well-being and Affluence in the Presence of a Veblen Good," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(539), pages 1088-1104, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2014. "Land Market Restrictions, Women's Labor Force Participation and Wages," MPRA Paper 57989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:269-282 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephan Klasen & Janneke Pieters, 2015.
"What Explains the Stagnation of Female Labor Force Participation in Urban India?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 29(3), pages 449-478.
- Klasen, Stephan & Pieters, Janneke, 2013. "What Explains the Stagnation of Female Labor Force Participation in Urban India?," IZA Discussion Papers 7597, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Klasen,Stephan & Pieters,Janneke, 2015. "What explains the stagnation of female labor force participation in urban India ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7222, The World Bank.
- Stephan Klasen & Janneke Pieters, 2013. "What explains the stagnation of female labor force participation in urban India?," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 146, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Stopnitzky, Yaniv, 2012. "The Bargaining Power of Missing Women: Evidence from a Sanitation Campaign in India," MPRA Paper 37841, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:163-181 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sraboni, Esha & Malapit, Hazel J. & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Ahmed, Akhter U., 2014. "Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture: What Role for Food Security in Bangladesh?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 11-52.
More about this item
KeywordsStatus; caste; time allocation; poverty;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-03-28 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2012-03-28 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:isipdp:11-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isindin.html .