Controlling collusion in auctions: The Role of ceilings and reserve prices
We examine a simple model of collusion under a single-object secondprice auction. Under the appropriate parameter conditions, in particular as long as collusion is neither too easy, nor too difficult, we find that the optimal policy involves both an effective ceiling, as well as a reserve price set at the lowest bidder valuation.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.isid.ac.in/~pu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Eso & James Schummer, 2002.
"Bribing and Signalling in Second Price Auctions,"
1357, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kirkegaard, Rene, 2005. "Participation fees vs. reserve prices in auctions with asymmetric or colluding buyers," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 328-332, December.
- Graham, Daniel A & Marshall, Robert C, 1987. "Collusive Bidder Behavior at Single-Object Second-Price and English Auctions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(6), pages 1217-39, December.
- Gavious, Arieh & Moldovanu, Benny & Sela, Aner, 2000.
"Bid Costs and Endogenous Bid Caps,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
01-19, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Che, Yeon-Koo & Gale, Ian L, 1998.
"Caps on Political Lobbying,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 643-51, June.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521551847 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521536721 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:isipdp:07-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.